Chapter 17

***

"What?"

Irene, Jennie, and Roseanne stared at Jisoo after she had finished telling them what had happened.

She turned to the blonde. "Where were you and Lisa yesterday?"

Roseanne looked at her angrily. "I haven't been with Lisa."

"Didn't you leave saying you wanted to go to the hotel, to talk to her?" She asked puzzled at the obvious display of irritation.

"I…" She trailed off; trying to contain the hurt she still felt thinking of Lisa with her ex-girlfriend.

"Roseanne this isn't the time to be secretive. She needs us. She's about to lose everything."

"How can she lose the company? It's hers." Roseanne huffed annoyed.

"Lose might be the wrong term, but she's about to have any say in her own business revoked. Someone has played her." Jisoo stared at Roseanne. "So if you weren't with her, where were you last night?"

"Home." She shrugged.

"Roseanne?" Irene slid over to the blonde. "Has something happened?"

She inhaled and exhaled deeply, before letting her head fall back focusing at something on the ceiling. Jisoo looked confusedly from Jennie to Irene to Roseanne and back, before shrugging her shoulders and pointing to Irene to continue with the interrogation.

"Hey." She tried once more, caressing Roseanne's arm. "Did you see Lisa last night?"

Roseanne closed her eyes, and nodded. "I did." She whispered in a rough voice. "She was at her hotel." Although it had hurt, she didn't know the deal between Lisa and the other woman. Right now, the brunette needed help so Roseanne would give her that.

"When was that?"

"Around ten o'clock."

"Ok. What did you see?"

It was clear to all three of them that the blonde had witnessed something, which had thrown her completely, off-centre.

"I saw her with another woman at the bar." Roseanne finally divulged.

"A woman?" Jisoo whispered.

"Not any woman." Roseanne pushed on and opened her eyes. A single tear rolled down her cheek.

"Who the hell did you see her with yesterday?"

"You told me they were history. Didn't look like that to me." Roseanne spat sarcastically.

"Miyeon?" Jisoo's mouth fell open.

"The ex?" Jennie asked confused.

"The one and only…" Roseanne pressed out and wiped at the few tears. "What's the deal Jisoo?" She asked wanting to hear there was nothing going on, but preparing herself for the complete opposite. Jisoo raked a hand through her hair and sighed.

"OK, I'm telling you something you have to promise to never tell anyone." She looked around the small group. Upon her seriousness all three nodded. "Miyeon had blackmailed Lisa into paying her one million dollars or she would tell the world who Lisa really was."

"Recently?" Irene asked.

Jisoo shook her head. "That was the reason they split." She explained.

"Wow, what a bitch." Jennie shook her head.

"Yeah, after four years of being together, happily so, at least on Lisa's part, she'd turned around and requested the money to keep her mouth shut."