Chapter 12

***

Roseanne and Lisa had bid their farewell early in the afternoon. Jennie had messaged her while she had been with the brunette and had asked if she wanted to come over to watch a movie. Roseanne had felt guilty for how she had treated her friends the previous night and had agreed to meet with them.

"So?" Irene asked as soon as Roseanne had stepped through the door. "Where were you this morning?"

"What?" The blonde looked at her puzzled. "What happened to 'hello' as a greeting?"

"Stop deflecting." Irene grinned. "I dropped by yours to check on you, but you weren't home." She poked her playfully in the shoulder "Or were you avoiding me?"

"Um, I didn't avoid you." Roseanne admitted rubbing her shoulder absently. "Did you invite me to interrogate me?"

"No." Irene answered quickly; the cheeky smile replaced by a soft one. "We're worried is all."

Roseanne nodded her understanding, and Irene asked a heartbeat later "So where have you been?"

"Lisa texted last night and asked me to meet up with her. She wanted to explain herself."

Jennie ran from the kitchen where she had been busy preparing snacks, when she'd heard Roseanne's admission. "And you agreed?"

"Well, I wanted to know what the hell is wrong with me that she couldn't kiss me." Roseanne huffed out; annoyed to have to explain the whole ordeal once more.

"She what…?" Jennie and Irene said at the same time.

"Well, ok." Roseanne raked her hand through her hair and sat down on the couch before continuing.

"As you are aware, Lisa and I had a good time dancing with each other last night at the bar." The two friends nodded. "But before I had a chance to kiss her, she said she 'I can't' and that's when I took off without giving her time to explain."

"Ah, that's why you thought she didn't want you." Irene decoded the cryptic message from the previous night.

"Wouldn't you?" Roseanne leaned back into the couch and put her feet up onto the coffee table accepting the beer offered from Jennie.

"So how was the meeting with her this morning then?" Jennie steered back to their original topic, sitting down next to the blonde, mirroring her position.

"Good." Roseanne offered with a nod. "Yeah, good actually." She smiled happily.

Irene and Jennie shared a look before the latter spoke up again. "And by good you mean you guys talked it out or had sex?"

"Oh my god!" Roseanne exclaimed loudly and slapped her friend's arm. "Of course it means we talked. Who do you think I am?"

"Um…" Jennie laughed at the glare the blonde sent her. "So?"

"So?" Roseanne repeated.

"What was the talk about? How did she explain her reaction?" Jennie asked impatiently.

Roseanne looked at her before shaking her head slightly. "I don't think Lisa would like me to share. It's rather personal."

Both of her friends looked at her secrecy in surprise, but neither dug any further. "Fair enough, as long as you're ok?"

"I am." Roseanne smiled shyly and averted her eyes.

"So, where are you guys standing now?" Jennie asked with a naughty grin on her face. "Dating? Friends with benefits? Friends? What do you want it to be?"