Chapter 19

***

It took all the strength in Lisa to separate her lips from Roseanne's and step back, gazing into dark eyes. She swallowed at the sensation the wide blown pupils stirred in her and pressed her short fingernails into her hand to anchor her to the surroundings.

"We should stop." She panted unwillingly, but knew it was for the best. They were still in her office.

Roseanne watched her carefully and Lisa saw the flicker of hurt at the rejection dancing over her face. She quickly closed the small distance once more and placed a lingering, gentle kiss on pursed lips.

"I said I want you too." She whispered. "But we can't do this here." She said gesturing to her office desk and it dawned on Roseanne what the brunette was referring to.

"Oh." She mumbled sheepishly and nodded with a blush creeping up her neck. "Ok."

They looked at each other, marvelling at the feelings awakening inside. Lisa stepped back slightly and moved her hands down Roseanne's arms. "I want to do this the right way." She clasped one hand in hers. "Please go on a date with me? Tomorrow? Dinner?"

"Um…" Roseanne hesitated. "Are you sure?"

"I'm sorry if I made you question my intentions. I really like you Roseanne." Lisa's eyes jumped indecisively over the blonde's face. "I really, really like you." She repeated with a smile.

"Well I really, really, like you too." The blonde grinned helplessly.

"Good. I'm glad." Lisa laughed softly.

"It should have been obvious don't you think?" The blonde teased. She was convinced she couldn't have been any clearer in her interest.

"I don't trust uncertainties and hints. I'd rather hear it from a person, in words."

"Fair enough…" Roseanne smiled. "Also, I didn't question your intentions, I just wasn't sure you wanted to go out and be seen with me in public."

"Why?" Lisa's mouth fell open in surprise. She cleared her throat and tried to reiterate her question. "Why would you think I didn't want to be seen with you?"

"Oh don't get me wrong. I'm not saying this out of self-deprecation or anything." Roseanne laughed out loudly. "I just wanted to make sure you're comfortable with me at your side I guess."

"I still don't understand…" She said baffled. "Anyone should be out of their mind to not be utterly proud to take a woman like you out on a date."

"You're my boss." Roseanne cringed slightly at her words. She hadn't wanted to have the discussion now, but the earlier they shared their stance on the matter the better she figured.

"Oh." Lisa's eyes widened in understanding. "That."

"Yeah that."

"Listen, Rosie." Lisa took the blonde's hands once more in hers. "I talked about this with Jisoo already and Veron doesn't seem to be opposed to the idea, so unless you feel weird about it, I'm absolutely ok with this. I don't care. There are, in fact, a lot of relationships formed between co/workers and bosses I've been informed."

"You've been informed?" Roseanne smirked.

"Well, Jisoo might have had to work on my perception of such relationships." Lisa admitted her hesitance in the beginning. "Don't get me wrong Rosie, this isn't about you. Not at all. This is just about how people observe me, and in extension you and I."

"Are you worried what your employees think about you?"

"I'm not going to lie to you." Lisa sighed. "I was."