Chapter 7

***

The plane touched the tarmac smoothly and Roseanne thanked Jisoo and the co-pilot via the cabin announcement. It was almost midnight when they finished clearing the plane and the crew exhaustingly stumbled through the airport towards the exit.

“How was the flight for you?” Jisoo sidled up to Roseanne, who smiled at her.

“You did an excellent job and the passengers were ok.”

They walked the rest of the way occupied in small talk. When they finally reached the hotel, the crew retreated to their rooms, leaving the two alone in the empty entrance hall.

“You fancy a nightcap?” Jisoo asked pointing to the bar to their left.

“Sure.”

Their drinks were water and orange juice as they felt too tired to handle alcohol besides the regulations.

“So.” Jisoo broke the silence which had engulfed them. “How are you doing in general?”

“What do you mean?” Roseanne eyed her suspiciously. “I’m sure Jen keeps you updated.”

“True, but it’s nice to talk to you personally.” Ever since her discovery of Suzy cheating on Roseanne, Jisoo felt a high level of protectiveness for the blonde. She had witnessed first-hand how devastated Roseanne had been.

“What do you want to know?” The blonde was too tired to try and guess what the other wanted to hear.

“I’ve heard about your run in with Suzy.”

Roseanne opened her mouth to reply something along the lines of ‘none of your business’, but upon seeing the genuine concern in her best friend’s girlfriend’s eyes she only shook her head. “It was awful to be honest.”

“What did she want?”

“Time to talk, which is not a bad thing I agree, but the way she instantly made me feel again…”

Roseanne’s eyes glossed over and she remembered all the times Suzy had made her feel as dumb as the saying about blondes goes.

“Hey.” Jisoo gently put her hand over Roseanne’s and stirred her out of her reverie.

“Sorry.” She mumbled. “She just makes me feel so stupid.”

“She’s an asshole.”

Roseanne laughed out loud at the comment. “Indeed. Thank god Lisa interfered.” It was a throw-away comment and Jisoo knew that, but it made her smile that the blonde thought about Lisa even when she had been mentally captivated by her past merely seconds ago.

“Yeah, how did that go?” The pilot asked curiously.

“She just stepped up to us and requested Suzy take her hands off of me.”

“That’s surprising.”

“How come?”

“Lisa is not a confrontational person. Like never. She’s always avoided them like the plaque.”

Roseanne furrowed her brow at the information. “Why do you think she did?”

“Must be something about you.” Jisoo smiled softly. “Or, maybe she has been reminded of something.”

“What do you mean?”

Jisoo looked at her intensely for a moment before shaking her head. “It’s not my story to tell.”

“Ok.” Roseanne whispered and added after a moment. “She told me about her parent’s accident.”

“She did?” Jisoo was more than surprised at the news. What else had Lisa told the blonde?