Chapter 18

***

The second meeting of the day was scheduled late in the evening. Any attempt to rearrange for the next morning had been shut down by Veronica. She wanted Lisa's name cleared up and the responsible people behind bars.

"What have you found out?" The man on the screen asked to no one particular.

Veronica stood up. "You are the oldest board member and you have worked the longest with the Manobans. They trusted you and asked you to trust their daughter. I'm appalled by your lack of support for Lisa."

"We did and we wanted her to succeed, however this mistake is unforgivable."

"I agree, unforgivable indeed." Veronica said and walked into the centre of the room. "Alright..." She addressed everyone. "I've learned some interesting facts which I'm sure all of you will find highly interesting as well as entertaining."

Lisa was perched on the edge of her seat. She was beyond nervous; no one had told her anything. Veronica had received a phone call and had left her alone for two hours. Jackson hadn't come back either.

She had been pacing up and down her room, had messaged Jisoo, had attempted to message Roseanne, but had deleted every try to contact the blonde, who hadn't replied to her earlier texts. By this point Lisa assumed Roseanne had not taken it lightly that she had hidden her true self from her. She was probably angry and hurt and Lisa had no idea how to make up for it, as she had been holed up in her own office, until Veron and Jackson had come back. They had entered the room like a hurricane, had called the meeting and now the same people who had been there in the morning were sat once more around the table ten hours later.

"I would like to remind everyone in this room that you're here because of Lalisa's parents. They created this company, put in hours and hours of hard work, have missed the majority of their daughter's childhood and have died tragically young. Lalisa has shouldered all that responsibility. She has accepted her fate, has sacrificed her own dreams for her families' legacy to live on and flourish and prosper for all you to still have a job." She let her gaze roll over the men and women in the room. Some seemed to protest at the insinuation of their life depending on Lisa. "I see you disagree." Veron smiled. "I'll have you know that Lalisa had an offer from American Airlines to sell. Your positions would have been redundant." Big eyes cast over to Lisa who held her head high; her face an illegible mask. "As you can see, she did not accept. Although her own passion lies in flying, she didn't want anyone who had worked alongside her parents for years and years to lose their jobs. She wanted to keep her parents dream healthy and strong and foremost independent."

The message sunk in and a low murmuring of appreciation reached Lisa's ears. She didn't react.

"However…" Veron went on, walking slowly towards the door. "… Some of you have the feeling they deserved more, should have had more of a say. I tell you what, why don't we let someone else tell the rest of this tale?" She opened the door and all heads turned towards the three people entering. Lisa's eyes went wide when she saw Jisoo, Miyeon and Roseanne walking towards the middle of the room.

"Ladies and Gentlemen." Veron joined the trio and pushed Miyeon a step forward. "This is Cho Miyeon and she wants to tell you something."

"Um… want is not really the driving word…" Miyeon started, eyeing Lisa who had stood up in confusion at the development. "I was approached by someone to get back in to Lisa's life. We used to date ages ago." She started to explain in a bored voice. "Last night I was told to get her to have a drink with me." She stopped, but Roseanne urged her on.

"Who hired you?"

"She said her name was Michelle Lee." She finally said and a woman stood up almost immediately after she had spoken.