Chapter 10

***

“Did she now?” She raised an eyebrow and glanced over. The group of women had settled at a table after each getting a drink. It didn’t take long for the
conversation to turn back to work and Jennie recalled the words of the message their new boss had sent earlier this evening.

“Yes Jisoo. Haven’t you read it?”

“No I haven’t. I’ve been with Lisa.” Jisoo was still looking at her friend questioningly. The brunette pilot smiled apologetically.

“I’m sorry. I wasn’t aware I’m keeping you away from modern technology.”

“Never mind. So Manoban Junior apologised and offered a day vacation?” She looked pointedly at Lisa, daring her to say anything.

“Quite generous.” Roseanne spoke up before Lisa had a chance.

“The least they could do.” Jennie grumbled into her cocktail.

“Tell me Jen.” The blonde turned to her friend. “Who was it again setting fire to one of the planes in her first week on the job?” She smiled sweetly.

“Hey, wasn’t me. The cooker was defective and no one bothered to tell me.”

“Oh, no one told you? I wonder how you felt back then being held responsible for something someone had forgotten to inform you about.”

Lisa’s eyes travelled from Roseanne to Jennie and back, whilst the former lectured her friend, before settling on the blonde in utter disbelieve and awe. Within a few seconds she had managed to effectively demolish the fierce, unthankful attendant into a stuttering mess.

“I.. no.. I mean… Fuck ok.”

“One more thing.” Roseanne took a small sip from her own drink before facing Jennie. “Tell me, who said mere hours ago that this year’s Christmas will probably be the ‘best Christmas ever’?” She grinned now.

“Park you missed your true calling. Ever thought about heading into law?” Jisoo patted her girlfriend’s back and high fived the blonde. “That was epic. Sorry sweetheart.”

“I just don’t like everyone judging without knowing the facts first.” Roseanne shrugged it off as nothing.

“You’re too loyal to someone you don’t even know and not devoted enough to your own friends, who have been around you all the time.” Jennie complained and finished her drink.

“Well, I think it’s a very good attitude to have.” Lisa chimed in for the first time after having been kicked on her shin for the past minute.

“Yeah whatever. I’m going to dance. Anyone but Roseanne?” Jennie stood up and turned to Jisoo who smiled at her. “Or you deserter.”

“Oh come on babe.” She grabbed her hand and let herself be pulled up despite the scowl on her girlfriend’s face.

“You should drop the act. I know you’re looking forward to New York. Especially when you find out where we’re staying.” Jisoo said loud enough for the rest of the table to hear.

“Why were?” Irene piped up curiously, having been quietly sipping her own drink whilst texting.

Jisoo exchanged a glance with Lisa, before dropping her voice. “You don’t know this from me, but the CEO has booked rooms in very good hotels for everyone.”

“How do you know about it?” Roseanne asked and Lisa blanched at her words.

“Huh?” Jisoo stalled not having thought anyone would ask. Lisa had told her earlier about this little bonus for her employees. “Um, I know someone from the management.” She evaded and made her way over to the dance floor.