Chapter one - dealing with death first hand

Lexi Barnes' Pov
Imagine falling but falling from hell into a safe space. That's what I got to experience. My life went from being awful and living with my birth giver to the roller coaster that is living with six brothers and this is my story.

My life was once easy I was living like a princess with all six of my brothers, they loved me like I was their whole world. But my birth giver had other plans she was cheating on my dad so they had a nasty divorce ending in my birth giver getting me, no matter how hard I cried they wouldn't let me stay with my dad and my brothers.

This happened when is 4, I have been living with my birth giver for 12 years, however I have never been able to speak to my brothers and my dad died on my 5th birthday.

Living with my birth giver is not great she is strict and she is unemployed at the moment due to turning up to work high and wasted on multiple occasions, she was a primary school teacher.

I wasn't allowed to attend my dad's funeral, my brothers took me not turning up to the funeral as me not caring I wished so badly to return to my brothers after my dad's death my birth giver became physical with me. She hit me for the first time after I told her that dad had died.

"GET YOUR ARSE DOWN HERE BRAT!" She yelled from the bottom of the stairs. "You need to make me breakfast!"

"Sorry ma'am." I said leaving to make her breakfast. After I finished making her food I ran upstairs and got changed into my clothes for work. I made sure to cover all of, my bruises and my scars from the past eleven years of abuse.

I wore a vintage band t-shirt with black denim jacket and black jeans with writing all over them and I also tied a flannel around my waist, I added some jewellery I had made myself. Most of my outfit I had made myself from old clothes of my mum's that she had handed down to me.

I walked to work which is being a barista, I work because I am smart enough to have aged out of high school when I was 9

I also have a jewelry and fashion company that sells internationally a couple of my designs have made fashion week in London and New York, fashion is one of my passions.

"Hi how May I help you?" I asked with my usual fake smile plastered on.

"Yes, I am looking for Lexinova Barnes I need to tell her some news." A woman wearing an expensive dress asked me.

"I am she, what do you want to tell me?" I asked worried.

"You're mother died this morning in a drink driving accident." She said look of pity clear in her eyes.

"She was drunk or the other driver?" I asked with fake concern.

"We are not sure yet." She replied.

"So where am I going from here?" I asked her cautiously.

"You're biological brother has offered to take you in." She smiled.

"Thank you for being so kind, some people would have just told me and left." I said genuinely thankful.