Chapter twenty three ~ what happens next

Lexi Barnes' Pov
Living in an abusive house hold means that you are always thinking about the present and never the future so when you get out of the situation thinking and planning for the future is one of the scariest things ever.
So for me the second mum died I spent all my time and effort on finding Avalon to the point where if somebody hurts her, I'd wanna fight but my hand's been broken, one too many times. So I'd use my voice, I'd be so fucking rude words they always win, but I know I'd lose.
I am better with my fists rather than my words English not being my first language will always be the reason why I am not good with verbal altercations.
According to Avalon I hit first talk later but I only hit for good reasons like bully's, homophobes and racists but most other times I ignore them.
I generally have stayed the same ever since the only change has been just how cold I am to people.
"So Lexi have you got any plans for the future?" Laurence asked me.
"The only thing I know is I am going to marry the girl of my dreams and bring the rest of my fashion lines out that's it pretty much. Oh wait and get an undercut that would look bomb." I said smiling when Avalon smiled at the idea of getting married.
I am serious she is the only person I could ever love this much she is my all time favorite person and the thing I want most is to make her mine but we will wait until we are old enough for that but for now I have a date planned a picnic in the garden and I am going to give her a promise ring. I got a similar one for me because that way she would know that I promise to be there for her and well we can match.

^Avalon's^

^Avalon's^

^Mine^I know Avalon doesn't wear big jewelry so hers is girly but simple

^Mine^
I know Avalon doesn't wear big jewelry so hers is girly but simple.

Two months later
Avalon's father was being a pain in my ass he was demanding she come home but no one wanted that given how much he lied to us.
Anyway we went to Corfu to see them.
"Young lady you have betrayed our mafia and your own family so I am giving you a choice either choose to marry a suitable mafia man or face the consequences." Her dick of a father said sternly.
"What the actual fuck dad I am dating Lexi and we are going to marry each other one and you betrayed this family as well by getting me kidnapped and acting like you knew nothing. You talk about betrayal but you are the one who has committed the most things. You basically neglected me and Jay. Yes Jay your other daughter who is fine thanks for asking oh wait you don't care do you. You only wanted sons so you kept trying but you never got one, you never got your rightful heir because of course women can't run a mafia. You need to grow up father because it's not the fucking 1940's it's 2021 so start acting like it." Avalon said angrily.
"Sebastian do you really think you are a good dad with that attitude I have known you since I was ten and I go as far as to say that you are almost as bad for your children as my mum was for me." I said angry but still speaking towards him calmly.
"Ok I am going to make this easy for you Avalon it's this family and mafia or it's death." Sebastian said angrily.
"I would take death over you backstabbing bitches any day." Avalon smirks she thinks he is bluffing.
I see him grab a gun from his pocket and before I can think I throw myself in front of her. No one even had time to think. I hit the deck with a thud.
My brothers come rushing in and the Monroe's run away I know my family will get them I grabbed one of my hair pins and used it to pull the bullet out from my wrist and proceed to wrap my shirt around after I quickly tore my T-shirt off.
I probably need stitches but I know Avalon will do that for me I am so lucky it wasn't my leg again given I have not long got back the use of my leg without a cast on it or crutches.
"Holy shit Nova you need to learn how to stay out of trouble." Leo said laughing.
"Some help up would be nice Leo." I said smiling. When I spoke with my brothers about my future plans getting shot again was never one of them.
Although I will have a badass scar.
Avalon helped me stitch my wrist up and then we went on the private plane home.
Once we got home everyone went to bed me and Avalon went to my room and changed into our pajamas while we were brushing our teeth I went under the sink for some more tooth paste and found a razor with a note attached saying 'It's just life Nova, it'll be over before you know it.' I knew it was from Leo but why.
Then I remembered I said to the boys that I really wanted an undercut so Leo must have left that there for me to find. I turned to Lexi as she finished and saw what I was holding.
"Do you want me to do it for you?" She asked knowing exactly what I was thinking.
"Please." I said smiling like the Cheshire Cat.
We spent about an hour doing my hair but when we were happy I fell in love this was something I had wanted for as long as I could remember.

"I love it babe

"I love it babe." I said leaning to kiss Avalon.
Luckily she returned the kiss.