Chapter twenty one ~ living the dream

Avalon's Pov
When I was first kidnapped by Demetrius I thought I had a year at most then I would be done but instead I was held for three and a half years before he decided to move me around the place I was always so confused but at the location of a familiar warehouse I had dropped a note in the hopes of Lexi finding it never in my wildest dreams did I see this coming.
I never dreamt of being back with her or even living with her and her brothers who all seem great.
I could tell Leo was the one I had the most to prove to the others all seemed to have an idea of me. But the second I jumped into action to save Lexi as she was shot all the hate and glares he kept showing me disappeared and instead his eyes shone with amazement.
I had heard so much about these guys that seeing them in person for the first time made my views on them change but I knew who each one of them was so I knew who was meant to be there and who wasn't.
The only reason I didn't say anything when Lexi tried to sacrifice her self was because I knew if we both said ourselves he would kill us both like the psychopath he is.
I gave Lexi the signal and both her and Laurence shot Demetrius but on his last breath he fucking shot Lexi.
So I told Jay and the boys what to do and ran with Lexi to her motorcycle, to get her to the hospital I know for a fact that I can stitch the through and through wound I just want to be safe I watched Lexi remove the bullet with a bobby-pin I just wanted to make sure she was ok she spent most of her time cuddled into me even the next day on the plane to America she had me sat on her lap while I slept.
It has been so long that it felt amazing and then I don't remember the plane landing but I woke up in Lexi's room while Lexi was singing and playing her guitar I always loved her voice and the talent she has on the guitar and with rapping as well she is amazing.
I walked to where she was sat playing the guitar and singing softly, I settled down next to her holding her hand in mine. If you where to ask twelve year old me what I dreamed of it would have been this. I placed my head on her shoulder and just stayed there.
Away from my parents and away from the lord Voldemort who I think is dead. But instead in a place that feels like home for the first time since I came out to my parents.
What I told Lexi about there being a rat wasn't true my parents hated me and Lexi for dating so they arranged for me to 'die' because their perfect daughter was 'broken' ughhh.
I have learned to hate them so much more since I had a lot more time to think about it and my love for Lexi just kept growing.
All those years we knew each other and I had to see her with new glistening bruises or burst blood vessels in her eyes making her look crazy cool we always have to find the light in the tunnel and for me Lexi is that light so times like this when we are just chilling are great.

I sang the male parts as my voice is fairly deep when I sing we sat on her window ledge just being with each other we finally had each other we never wanted to be away from each other.
After singing for two hours one of Lexi's brothers walked in and said that breakfast was ready so we went outside to eat which I thought was weird until Lexi went to the other end of the porch and lit a cigarette. I guess some habits really do die old but the breakfast was absolutely amazing I hadn't eaten like that in years.
All of her brothers were really nice their was a real sense of family here not like at home in Greece with my family where Jay was hated for not being a boy I was hated for being gay and my little brother was the favorite of us all he was the heir to the mafia given that dad was a sexist prick that would never have a women lead his mafia because women can't lead.
I love living with them it's amazing my opinion matters and they actually like me for who I am.
Once everyone left me and Lexi went to sit on the back decking so she could have a smoke.
We sat there and watched the sunset after the sun had set she grabbed my waist and put me on her lap before she started kissing me it was magic this is the dream this is the reason I stayed with Demetrius.

"That's the reason I wait with the Russian prick for you

"That's the reason I wait with the Russian prick for you." I said drying the tears on my face.
"I missed this." She agreed with me.
We stayed out on the decking most of the night until the early morning when Louis woke us up because he was worried we were both dead. No one had ever cared if I were dead before.
I carried Lexi on my back but stopped when Louis said something.
"Huh" I asked him.
"You know you're safe here there is no need to hide anything from us. I recognize the signs of abuse in both of you and even after being kidnapped you never cried or even looked sad." He said smiling.
"Thank you my parents run their mafia very different from yours and they didn't appreciate me being gay or Jay for being born a girl." I said calmly.
"They are the ones missing out not you." He said.
"Thank you." I said smiling and carried Lexi to our bed where I eventually fell asleep.