t w e n t y - f o u r

"Rule number one, don't steal

"Rule number one, don't steal."

Jeno walked down the sidewalk alongside Renjun. The street was lined with shops, restaurants, and boutiques. In Jeno's eyes, the perfect place to teach Renjun about his first rule.

"Why not?" Renjun asked, somehow sounding genuinely curious.

"Because it's not good. It contradicts all the stuff about ethics I told you about yesterday," Jeno replied. He paused before adding, "You will go to jail."

"That bad place?" Renjun said, turning to Jeno, eyes gleaming with curiosity.

"Yes... the bad place." Jeno felt like he was speaking to a toddler.

Not that he minded though, Renjun was from a different world and teaching him only meant that they got to spend extra time together (and it was a good excuse to admire the fairy's beauty).

"I can just magic my way out if I'm ever there though," Renjun commented, clasping the fairy pendant with his hand.

Jeno turned Renjun towards himself, placing a hand on each of the fairy's delicate shoulders. "Renjun, you already agreed that you wouldn't magic your way out of all your problems."

Renjun rolled his eyes, ever sarcastic and showing no signs of stopping anytime soon, but Jeno couldn't say he minded. It was cute and reminded him of the adventure they had been on throughout the past few months.

"Fine. No stealing," Renjun agreed. "You humans are weird," he mumbled, and Jeno couldn't help the fond smile that crept up his face as Renjun grabbed his hand and pulled him along.

They stopped before a brightly coloured shop. Peering in from the window, Jeno could see various displays of desserts, along with small tables set up around the inside of the cafe.

He turned to Renjun. "How about this, take this," Jeno said, taking out a bill from his pocket. "You can buy us one dessert with this money."

Renjun took the bill between two fingers, rather reluctantly, before nodding, placing a light kiss on Jeno's cheek, and quickly running off into the store satisfied smile adorning his face as he left Jeno dumbfounded.

He had to admit, sometimes it was hard to believe he was dating a fairy, and Renjun of all fairies. On the outside, Renjun came off as cold, and Jeno was still consistently surprised at the little acts of care that the other showed sometimes. Warming Jeno's hands with magic whenever he was cold, pulling Jeno away from his studies whenever he became overly stressed, and just being there for him. It was enough to have Jeno thinking that he was living in a dream.

It wasn't long before Renjun came out from the shop, right hand holding a small cardboard box and left hand holding two lollipops, already sucking on one of them. He smiled brightly after seeing Jeno by the side of the store.

"You did it?" Jeno asked, taking the small box of desserts that Renjun passed onto him.

Renjun only shrugged, taking Jeno's hand.