s e v e n

Jeno wasn't sure if it was just his imagination or if Renjun really had been in much more of a better mood throughout the past few days

Obviously most of the time that Renjun was at school, he was still as cold as ever, but there was a part of Jeno that wanted to think he was smiling just the slightest bit more when he was around him.

It was strange, but the change had been noticeable ever since the day Jeno asked him whether fairies could lie. There was one instance when Renjun had even been the one to initiate conversation. (even if it was just once, it was better than nothing)

Something else that Jeno found semi-strange was the fact that the lines that were constantly at Renjun's cafeteria table had stopped too. It wasn't like they had slowly died down, it was more of a sudden disappearance type thing. Judging by the adoring looks on everyone's faces, Jeno concluded that it wasn't their own choice not to try and get his attention. It was as if everyone was suddenly forbidden to go anywhere near Renjun's table. 

So during the next early morning encounter with Renjun, Jeno decided to direct the conversation to just that.

"So," Jeno began, sliding down into the seat next to Renjun. The other boy looked up for a brief moment, somewhat acknowledging Jeno's presence before going back to drawing. "Fairies have natural charms don't they?"

Renjun looked up, curious. "How did you figure that out?" he asked.

"I did research," Jeno replied, then immediately went back to asking his (carefully planned) questions. "So if you have natural charms, people will naturally be drawn to you right? Which is why you drafted so much attention–"

Renjun's eyes widened. "Humans aren't supposed to be able to remem–"

Jeno ignored him. "So why is it that lately, everyone has been admiring you from afar instead of close up like they used to?" he asked.

"Lee Jeno don't you dare interrupt me ever again," Renjun said, suddenly raising his voice. For a second, his fists blazed with electric sparks. Jeno was once again reminded that Renjun was still a dark fairy who had magic and could hurt Jeno whenever he desired.

"Sorry," he muttered, sounding genuinely frightened.

Renjun immediately calmed down and a smile replaced his angered features so quickly it was almost unnerving. "Thank you. Now if you will excuse me, I am going to go to the roof and charm myself to a nice cup of sweet tea."

"But what about class?" Jeno reminded him.

"Tell the teacher I wasn't feeling well."

Jeno could only watch as Renjun picked up his things and walked out of the classroom door, just moments before the ringing of the first bell.

—☆—

Just like he had said, Renjun wasn't in class at all for the entire morning. Only was it during break that Jeno was able to catch him sitting in the cafeteria with what looked like a cup of steaming hot tea.

Jeno made his way over to his usual table where Jaemin and Donghyuck were already sitting. Renjun was sitting at a table against the right side wall today, and it just so happened that their usual table was the one directly facing it on the left side.

"You're finally here," Hyuck said, motioning towards the empty seat next to him.

"We still haven't found my watch," Jaemin informed him once he was sitting. There was a slight disappointment in his voice but it was hidden well. Jeno wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for the many years of knowing him.

"It'll turn up. I doubt someone would try to steal it," Jeno tried. Jaemin only gave a half-hearted nod in response.

The conversation continued with his two friends but Jeno had tuned out long before Jaemin or Donghyuck noticed. Jeno's eyes were focused on Renjun who was currently smiling at him from the other side of the cafeteria. 

It was the smile that Jeno could get lost in for hours and hours on end. Along with those beautiful eyes that looked like they held galaxies, Jeno wasn't sure if this was what everyone felt when they looked at Renjun. He was a fairy after all, with natural charms that drew everyone to him.

He was hit with the sudden realization that he wasn't the only one who felt this way about Renjun. Everyone did– literally. He was so lost that he didn't even notice Renjun's hands sparking with the usual blue electricity that it did when he was doing magic. Screw Renjun for his stupid fairy charms because at that moment all he wanted to do was kiss those pretty pink lips–

"Jeno? Lee Jeno! Earth to Jeno..."

"Huh?" Jeno said, breaking out of his reverie.

"You were smiling like an idiot," was Hyuck's reply.

"Oh. Sorry, what were you saying?" he asked.

"We were just wondering if you wanted to hang out next weekend. Maybe go to a movie or something?" Jaemin said, looking at him expectantly.

"Yeah, sure."

Jaemin and Donghyuck both smiled happily. "We were also wondering if you could ask Renjun to join us? Since you're really close to him and everything."

"Right, uh, I can try?" Jeno said, sounding very unsure. As he mentioned before, he and Renjun weren't exactly as close as everyone thought. Besides that, Jeno was pretty sure Renjun wouldn't be up for some sort of social event.

His friends cheered. Jeno turned to look at where Renjun was sitting, but found that he wasn't where he was before. In a state of slight panic, Jeno looked towards the entrance of the cafeteria and was able to catch a glimpse of Renjun's jacket flowing behind him as he hurried out the door.

Slightly confused, Jeno reached for the pocket in his bag to find his phone and take it out. The phone was there, but he couldn't quite get the thought that something was missing out of his head.

And then it hit him. The locket wasn't there.

Where could he have lost it?

His thoughts flew back to a few days earlier when he had asked Renjun the question about lying. In response, the latter had asked him where he had gotten the locket from and just seconds ago, Jeno saw Renjun hurry out of the cafeteria.

"I have to go," he said hurriedly to Jaemin and Donghyuck.

"Okay," Jaemin replied. "Wait where are you going?"

Without an answer Jeno swung his bag over one shoulder and rushed out the cafeteria door, not bothering to answer to the calls of his two very confused friends.

---

i just finished an english test that i didnt study for haha