𝐢. 𝐴𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑇𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑟

Fallon Belcourt let out a huff as she made her way down the winding streets of New York to her office, The Daily Bugle. It had been five years since the world went to war leaving the Avengers to fight an ongoing threat with what she would describe as a Titan from another galaxy. This war was different though. The heroes didn't win. The Avengers lost. With their defeat it sent the planet as they knew it into ruin. Half of the population turned to dust. Men, women, children and their very own protectors. The hands of death left no mercy.

Fallon trudged down the street, her heeled boots clicking as she came across the symbolic building. Their once beacon of hope now left dormant. The Avengers Tower. With their heroes outnumbered and the lives of everybody shaken to the core, their only hope of trying to return back to their normal lives remained cooped up in that tower. Alone, scared and helpless. Fallon despised them for it. They were supposed to help, to reassure them and be that symbol of hope everyone makes them out to be, but no, for five years they did nothing. For five years they mourned the dead and didn't give a damn.

As she stared up at the Tower, its once bright and loud stupor was now desolate and a haunting memory of those who used to walk the halls. Those who had protected her city. Fallon envied the dead but she wouldn't deny with half the population gone did there leave room for a new generation to unite and finish what had started many years ago. A world built without borders.

The girl had lost people in the " blip " as they liked to call it. She lost her mother leaving her and her younger sister Aura all alone. War had taken her father along with many others. Fallon knew everyone was suffering. It had been five years yet no one was the same. Everyone looked defeated and morose. It pained her to watch those cheerful souls now emerced in  darkness. Frowns replaced smiles, slurs replaced laughs and tears replaced once bright eyes. Although with pain and suffering it was easier for people to grasp the realisation. What if those who vanished didn't return? What if their heroes were so caught up in their grief to find a solution? What if the blip was the universes way of redemption?

It was bitter thoughts, conflicting and felt like poison but a part of Fallon believed if the blip had not happened, people wouldn't have come together the way they did.  They wouldn't have been unified nor akin. Her eyes opened to the possibility that now with half the population gone, did people start coming off the streets. Families rebuilt itself. People got jobs. The results of such a disaster was fickle but indispensable. Population growth decreased significantly, unemployment became almost eradicated, people who would have never stood a chance in society had the opportunity to embrace the life they could only dream of bearing.

She let out a sigh as she tightened the grip on her messenger bag as she pushed aside her intrusive thoughts. Their heroes were surly going to find a way to bring people back, it was only a matter of time.

 Their heroes were surly going to find a way to bring people back, it was only a matter of time