𝐱𝐢. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑎 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒

Ever since Karli had met Fallon, she'd finally realised what it felt like to truly be cared for. Although the two had been resorted to nothing but the fine barrel of the lot, she wasn't alone anymore. She learnt a lot from Fallon Belcourt and Karli wasn't so sure how to repay her for everything. But now she saw a chance, a proposal she could not refuse, an opportunity to get vengeance.

Karli's anxious gaze flickered between the woman in front of her and the people flanking her sides. She knew how Fallon would react; she did the exact opposite of what she was told. But if Fallon would just listen, their lives would change drastically.

She heard the patter of feet before she saw her. Fallon came rushing towards her with a big smile on her face before seeing the nervous twitch on her lips. The grin slipped off her face when she saw four unfamiliar faces circling the girl. Her instincts immediately sent her hurtling forward as she pushed the smaller girl behind her. Fallon's glare was wilting.

"Who the hell are you?" she spat as the woman, she presumed the leader, raised her hands in surrender. She looked gentle, like a mother but a veteran fierceness carved her aged face.

"We mean no harm, not to you or her" she said, her voice was smooth with a twinge of an accent. They definitely were not from New York.

"Fallon" Karli called as the woman felt her tug at her sleeve. She glanced at the girl before sending the woman a defying stare. One of the men behind her, a young Asian man with a glower etched on his face, accompanied by a glare rivalling hers inched forward before pausing in his step when the woman raised her hand." I think you should listen to what they have to say"

A scoff passed her lips as she crossed her arms in defence." Nothing good ever comes from people who need to be reasoned with. I would say I'm intimidated, we're outnumbered 2:1. If you wish for me to talk, make it fair." She snarked. The woman eyed her for a second before an almost unnoticeable smile pulled at her lips. With a swift nod; the two men, a Hispanic man around Fallon's age, with brilliant brown eyes and a tuff of brunette curls and a younger darker skinned boy took a step back and retreated down the alleyway, the raven-haired boy with the scowl remaining by her side.

"Satisfied?" the woman mused.

"Very" Fallon gritted as the woman looked a Karli, Fallon took a step forward, shielding her from view. "Now what do you want?"

"I've already spoken to your dearest friend here, Karli. My name Donya Madani and I'm the founder of how do you say this – a means to an end. An organisation built to help people like you."'

"People like me" Fallon scoffed." The hell does that mean?"

" I mean people like us. You don't strike me as a person who has lived on the streets her whole life. I was the same. The Avengers stole that from me. My life, my family. I am no one but a woman who wants to make a difference. Myself, those two men you saw and many others, are part of a revolt to unite others who had their lives stipped from them. Millions were displaced." She said as she stood toe to toe with the woman." You and I both know they care more for those who have returned rather than those who fought to stay."

Fallon was silent. She wanted to trust what the woman was saying but when someone miraculously shows up offering you everything you had wished for, seems a bit too good to be true. "So what? We just join your little band of misfits and take back our lives. How did you even find us?"

"I'm giving you an opportunity. I can see valour in you Ms Belcourt. One we could use instead of leaving you here to wither into ashes. We know more than you realise and we're a lot more powerful together than alone."

" Fallon" Karli called as she took a step towards Donya. " I don't want to live like this forever. Maybe she's right, maybe we can be better"

" You can't be serious Karli, how can we trust her?"

" I don't think she's lying. " Karli justified as she glanced a Donya.           " Trust her, and if not trust me."

Fallon took a shuddering breath as her glare softened whe she met Karli's pleading eyes. " Okay, but the slightest bit of danger and we're out. Streets or not."

Karli grinned as Donya let out a low whistle.

"Wait how did you know my name-" Fallon said in panic but before she could say anything further two arms grabbed her, a cry of protest left her lips as she heard Karli let out a muffled scream.

"What the hell" she said before sharp sting stabbed her nek. Fallon tugged at their grasp, blinking as her vision grew blurry. She felt a warm hand on her face. She weakly raised her head as Donya's face blurred togther.

" I will explain everything my dear, for now rest and welcome to the family."

Fallon's eyes shut as her body grew limp in their grasp. 

𝐼𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑚𝑠 𝐼'𝑣𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑔𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑛 ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑡𝑜 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 😭