𝐱. 𝐵𝑒𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑔

"I shouldn't be here" Fallon grimaced as she stared wide eyed at the little communal town Sam Wilson called home. "Yeah, I definitely shouldn't be here" she rationalised before she turned on her heel, but before she could hightail out of there, Bucky had placed his hands on her shoulders and spun her around to face the double story, whimsical house she knew belonged to Sam's sister Sarah.

"You'll be fine" Sam reassured, patting her shoulder lightly. "This town is very welcoming. They wouldn't care''.

"Are you forgetting I'm basically a fugitive" she hissed as he chuckled dismissively, brushing off her panic with a half-hearted shrug.

"You're a friend now. And there's people I want you to meet."

''Friend?" she echoed; her eyes wide.

"Yeah, we kicked ass together, so basically family" Sam mused as Bucky shrugged in agreement. nudging her with his shoulder.

" She's going to kill me" Fallon winced. "What if she hates me, omg if she hates me, it's over. Why am I so nervous. Do I look nervous?  I think I'm going to puke" she rambled as Bucky rolled his eyes, Sam's reassuring words falling on deaf ears.

They made their way to the front porch, her hands wringing together anxiously as she looked at them, her tanned skin paling. Sam smiled gently before pushing open the door.

'Sarah!' he chimed before he was met by two loud voices. Two boys came barrelling into Sam, their faces bright and Fallon felt her nerves tenfold. She felt Bucky's metal hand find pace on her lower back, ushering her forward and into view.

"AJ, Cass, this is Fallon, you already know Buck. Fal, these are my nephews" he introduced as Fallon gave them a shaky wave. They grinned at her, waving back with more eagerness than she could muster, and Fallon could've melted then and there. Bucky's lips quirked into a grin as he felt her ease slightly. "Are you Uncle Sam's friend?" the one, AJ, chimed, "Can you do anything cool?" Cass asked earnestly and Fallon found herself chuckling. "Yeah, yeah I am. I'm basically like him though, just with two functioning arms" she giggled pointing her thumb at Bucky who looked at her with offense.

"Wicked" they awed before darting back into the house.

"Glad to see you're back in one piece Sam" A new voice said, and Bucky felt her tense again. "You too Bucky"

"Always a pleasure Sarah" Bucky said with a lopsided smirk.

"Sarah, this is Fallon, Fallon my sister Sarah" Sam said as he motioned between the two.

Fallon watched as her eyes widened glancing between her brother and the new guest in apprehension. "Fallon, as in Fallon Belcourt. Aren't you-"

"Yeah, yeah she was" Sam said jumping to her aid. "She helped us a lot, we owe her quite a bit. So don't scare her. Poor girl was ready to hightail and run before even making it to the doorstep. "