𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝑁𝑒𝑤 𝑓𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑜𝑟 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑡ℎ 𝑑𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛

"Fallon?"

The older woman supressed a groan, her head slamming against the vehicle as the itch of the rope chafed her skin.

The young girl grimaced at the harsh glare the Belcourt woman sent her way, before it was redirected to the Asian man sat by the wide metallic door. A gun rested on his lap, his shoulders squared and his face set in a scowl. His stoicism matched how she felt. He had not said a word to her, nor Karli since their initial meeting in the alleyway. He didn't even so much as glance in her direction when she had woken up and tried to ram herself into him before being harshly flung to the ground when the van turned. The only indication that he was aware of those around him was the miniscule sneer that pulled at his lips as profanities poured through hers, or the way his eyes would narrow in annoyance at the banging of her heels against the metal.

So much for trusting them.

Fallon released a breath as she sunk against the cool grate of the wall. Karli sat beside her, and the woman could feel the unease and guilt rolling off the red head like waves.

"I'm sorry"

Fallon dropped her head in defeat at the young girl's words. She had not kept her apologies silent but rather had expressed her fear every chance she could. Fallon couldn't really blame her, the woman's proposal did sound tempting, and Karli was just a girl wanting a better life. Not much to really blame could she.

"We're going to be okay little star" Fallon had said as she sent the girl a
small smile. She didn't notice the fleeting glance the raven-haired man had sent her before retreating back to his fixed position on the door.

As minutes turned into hours, Fallon could feel herself dozing off while Karli had slumped against her shoulder in slumber. She was fighting fatigue as her head dropped before, she'd quickly pick it up again, shooting the man a glare as his hands flexed against the barrel of his rifle. His silence and lack of answers only aggravated her more.

Fallon jostled in her seat, when a loud bang from the front sent the raven-haired man up onto his feet in alarm. Fallon glanced at him in shock as his hands clamped around the rifle, the slight twinge of fear twinkling in his eyes before they disappeared, returning to their cold and frigid  brown. That was more emotion she had seen in him since they had left.

Fallon could hear the frantic voices and the sound of an engine whirring to life. Before she knew what was happening, Karli had sprung up off her shoulder as the doors swung open. The Hispanic man she had seen with the woman didn't even glance at them as the raven haired nodded once and rushed towards them.

"What the hell is going on!" Fallon yelled over the sound of sirens. The raven haired man fell to her side before the brunette man scaled up the vehicle and ran towards Karli.