𝐯𝐢. 𝐹𝑖𝑟𝑒𝑑

" What do you mean I'm fired !" She cried as she slammed her hands on the table, her chest heaving in fury.

" I'm letting you go Belcourt" Jameson informed as he ran his aged hands over his face trying to mask the irritation that crossed over his features.

" You can't be serious?" she scoffed as shook her head in denial. " I've worked for this company for five years. Five. And you're going to just let me go. Just like that!"

Jameson let out a sigh as he laced his fingers together, his hardened gaze concealing the reminents of guilt focused on her jittery stance." I have employees who've worked for me longer than you have Ms Belcourt, who've returned and are asking for their jobs back. They have more experience than you and in the direction this company is heading in,  I need those who have been with us since the beginning. I'm sorry." He told her.

Fallon bowed her head as she tried to calm the racing of her heart. If she lost her job there was no way she would be able to find a new one, not when those who returned from the blip started getting their old jobs back leaving those present during the crisis to fend for themselves. It was preposterous and unfair.

Her eyes pleaded for him to understand. If she didn't have her job she wouldn't have a stable income to keep her and Aura above the bread line. They would be living on the streets and Fallon would lose her sister for being unfit to provide for her.

She wasn't going to let that happen.

" Mr Jameson I'm begging you" she pleaded, and Fallon in her moment of desperation let her callous exterior falter. " Please don't do this."

The older man just shook his head. " I truly am sorry Fallon. If it is any consolidation-" he treaded his words lightly "- it was an honour working with you."

Fallon hid her trembling hands behind her back as she sobered up. Her eyes filled with disdain for the man in front of her as well as the world around her fueled the burning rage brewing in her chest. " I hope you realise you've just put an innocent and undeserving family into a losing crusade Mr Jameson." She said, her tone sharp as she straightened her back before sending him a faux smile.

She returned to her desk her eyes falling on the photographs resting on the corner containing the family she fought so hard to protect. She picked it up with insecure hands as she locked eyes with her father's bright  cerulean orbs.

She let out a sigh before placing her things into the box Jameson had provided for her. She glanced over all the intricate items that she had accumulated over the years. Her papers that were stacked on the corner and the tiny doodles on the papers littering her desk. Every little detail that made up who she was. Her hand picked up the first item, then the next and she kept going until the last five years portrayed on her desk started disappearing in the four sided cardboard container.

" So it's really true huh?" a voice croaked causing for Fallon to look at the intruding guest. She sighed at the familiar woman standing beside her.  " Jameson really fired you."

" Yeah" she whispered as she continued to pack her things. Naveen looked at her friend with sadness swimming in her swiss chocolate eyes. " You don't deserve this Fallon. I can talk to him, try and find some sort of way for you to remain with the company-"

Fallon raised her hand, silencing the girl as she tried to formulate a plan to help the eldest Belcourt woman. " It's no use Nav, you know when Jameson's decision is set you can't persuade his mind." Fallon sent her a small smile as she rested her hands on the box. " I'll be fine"

" It's not only you that's going to need the support Fallon. What's going to happen to Aura huh?" Naveen cried and she referred back to the little girl who was waiting for her sister to return.

" I'll figure something out." She reassured. " I always do" she grabbed the box filled with five years worth of memories and materials as she glanced down at the empty workbench she spent most of her time at. With a longing glance she smiled fondly before meeting Naveen's concerned gaze.

" Keep in touch okay" Fallon smiled  before she made her way out of the building she had put her blood, sweat and tears in for the past five years. Fallon could feel the stare of her friend on her back along with her other colleagues - or should she say ex colleagues.

She tightened her grip on her possessions as she held her head in false confidence while she exited the building.

They say the decent into darkness is easy and it takes a truly damaged soul to fully embrace the void that filled their once purified hearts. Fallon Belcourt was a prime candidate for such an illusive saying to finally prove rigorous. With the events leading up to her demise, she was put through test after test with her biggest challenge waiting her arrival in the upcoming days.

 With the events leading up to her demise, she was put through test after test with her biggest challenge waiting her arrival in the upcoming days