𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝑇𝑟𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐷𝑒𝑐𝑒𝑝𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛

𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

Fallon stood rigid. Her shoulders were tense as her eyes narrowed into slits as she eyed the man with hair as white as snow and hair coating the the lower half of his face. A fine crisp black suit adorned his body with a glittering silver watch wrapped snug around his wrist. That was what made her heart jolt. She watched with careful, calculated eyes as he took a seat by the window of the quaint coffee shop across the road. The vintage briefcase sat neatly next to him as he pulled out the laptop. A woman, with ink black hair and big doe eyes took his order with a light airy chuckle and a wave of her hand as he smiled bashfully at the waitress.

Fallon scoffed.

The thin material hung loosely over her once full frame as the holes scattered across her tattered pieces of cloth covered her body. Her hair, once silk now clumpy framed her face as her high cheekbones became more prominent due to the lack of nutrition the woman had succumbed too. Her lip twitched as her ocean eyes, dulled with reality flickered between the man and the woman who had now taken her leave. It was go time.

She crossed the road with squared shoulders and a grace in her step as her hands -coated in grime-  touched the cool metal of the handle granting entrance to the dainty corner coffee shop.

The bell chimed overhead as passing customers didn't even spare the rugged girl a fleeting glance. Their snobbish noses filled with the life she was derived of were too absorbed in aimless matters. She allowed the obnoxious chatter of the customers to conceal her desires as she locked her gaze on her target. With precision she glided through the tables and couples who sat laughing with warm beverages and carefree joy.

Fallon despised it.

She smiled politely as she brushed the shoulder of a woman who was juggling a two year old on her hip as the infant latched onto the golden hair of his mother as the woman let out a wince while gripping the coffee in her free hand. Fallon would've helped her had she not caught a glimpse of the open bag around the woman's shoulder.

She must of forgotten to close it. Poor woman.

Fallon expertly bumped her shoulder with the woman as she whirled around, her hand digging into the bag and pulling out the wallet that sat ontop of the pile of baby care products, almost begging for it to be snatched.

" I'm so sorry"

That smile that would stop the world was sent the woman's way. The mother merely smiled tiredly as she brushed it off, unaware that the woman infront of her had just stolen her possessions right from under her nose. " Don't worry, a mere accident "

Fallon let a small victorious smile fall onto her lips as she watched the retreating figure of the ignorant woman. The purse that contained the paper that would keep her fed for the next couple of days weighed heavily in her shredded jean pocket.