𝐯𝐢. 𝐼𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠

It was nightfall the time Fallon and Jihoon has arrived at the harbour where Nagel had built his lab. The lights illuminated the storage containers, stacked up and next to each other making it easy to encase themselves in the shadows.

But something felt off. It was impossibly quiet.

"Do you hear that?" she said as they tugged their masks over their faces, her dagger in her palm as she inclined her head to the raven- haired boy perched beside her,

'No, what is it' he said back.

"There's usually a hum, a mechanic whizz. It was there last time we were here but there's nothing, why is it so quiet. "

Her watch buzzed, glancing down Sam's coordinates were the same as their last raid, so she sent him a nod and they jumped down one of the containers and onto the ground.

"Guys I think there's a problem" Sam's voice crackled in their ears. "I think someone beat us to it".

Fallon and Jihoon frowned as they came to the shipment container, understanding what he meant when they saw half the container had been blown to smithereens, a gaping hole on the side and debris scattered across the floor.

"Was it a heist, or –" Jihoon chimed as they pushed open the door, stepping over glass and spilt liquid, burnt equipment and red splotches on the floor.

"Well shit'' Fallon cursed as she looked down, staring at the lifeless body of Wilfred Nagel, a bullet hole in his brain and eyes boring into hers. "Who the hell beat us to it" Jihoon grumbled.

"I think I have an idea" she muttered, sparing his body one last glance before they made their way back to camp, her thoughts trailing back to a certain super soldier and his companions. 

Fallon had made a promise to look after Karli better than she had done with Aura. Her sister she had failed and quite frankly a part of her felt maybe, wherever Aura may be, was a living a better life than the one she had with her. But Karli was a different case, she was a wild, unkindled spirit but she was impulsive.