𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝑅𝑒𝑢𝑛𝑖𝑜𝑛

" Hello?"

"Fallon"

A dagger shot through her heart, twisting it but his name rolled off her tongue with a breath of relief. "Jihoon?"

" I don't have much time" he said urgently, his voice low. "Karli plans to stop the GRC vote in New York. I don't know where things went wrong Fallon, but I need you here. She's working with criminals now. They want the Falcon dead and Walker too. I mean I'm all for Walker but-" he sighed. "They're doing it tonight. This is where you have to pick a side Fallon, but I'm with you. Meet me by the alleyway near the New York safe base, you know the place".

Fallon let out a shaky breath, clutching her phone tighter as she tried to keep her tears at bay. " Jihoon I-"

"I know. I know Fallon. They'd be proud of you" a small sob left her lips.

"Be careful Hoon. I'll be there soon."

She could almost see his smile and her heart lurched again.

"Time to go back home Fal. I'll see you soon".

When the beep rang in her ears, she felt like she couldn't breathe, her legs wobbly and on the verge of giving way.

"Fallon" she heard as Bucky and Sam approached her, concern looks in both of their eyes at the pink tint around her nose and eyes and flushed cheeks.

"I know where Karli is, and it's not going to be pretty" she said as they glance at each other.

"Well then time to suit up' Sam said as she exhaled bereaved. Time to go to war.

"Well this has gotten way out of hand".

A grin captured her face as she saw the familiar raven-haired man.His shoulder was propped against the wall, his arms covering his chest as he saw her approach.

"It's so good to see you" she sighed as she wrapped her arms around him. His hand creeping up her back as he held her close.

"What happened after-"her voice died on her tongue as he took a breath.

"After Sam, I saw you with the Falcon and Winter Soldier, I knew you'd be okay. But Karli, she lost it. I found her, all but dragged her away and then suddenly it was as if a switch went off. Fallon, she's not going to stop until they're dead. All of them. "

"I know. But I'm not giving up on her alright. We have a plan, and I could use you." She said as he nodded slightly. " I need to get to her. Otherwise, we're all going to end up behind bars or worse, we're dead."

"Not how you were expecting to return huh'' he chided as she rolled her eyes.

"Not a chance" she grinned as he handed her a mask. She had to get in one way or another.

"We used to stand for something good you know" she said as her thumb traced over the red of her mask. " I didn't think we'd end up as the bad guys"

" It's more complicated than that" he said. "let's just make sure we get out of this alive. All of us."

"Yeah" she nodded as they both put on their masks, Jihoon handing her a dagger and a pistol which she sheathed in her waistband and holder strapped to her thigh. "Let's meet back here, all of us."

"Here" she handed him an earpiece which she had channelled to Sam and Bucky. "It allows us to communicate. If things go south, holler".

"You know things really have changed, since when is working with the Avengers on our roster."

"Well since they've saved my ass a few times and if we're lucky, we get out of this scotched free. Plus, they're not half bad."

"I think you just took a fancy to one of them" 'he said wiggling his eyebrows at her for a bit, she rammed her elbow into his side as he chuckled.

"You're a right prick you know that."

"You love me for it." He grinned as they glanced at the building which was swarmed with NYPD.

"Right, well. Don't die'' she said as he mirrored her words.

"Don't die"