𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝑇𝑟𝑢𝑠𝑡

"Sam Wilson"

Fallon met his outstretched hand with a small smile "Fallon Belcourt".

"Bucky told me you wanted to talk; I hope he didn't cause too much trouble" Sam said as Bucky rolled his eyes. She ignored the other gentleman that trailed in after the Avenger. She especially didn't miss the subtle glare he would shoot her or how his accented scoffs would leave his mouth at their exchange. Bucky was getting annoyed at Zemo.

"I do, and it's not easy for me to say this. "She said as she had them seated in one of the rooms. She had to be quick, not really knowing when Samson or the others would be done and retuning.

"I understand" Sam said, and she immediately took a better liking to him over Bucky.

"When we started the Flagsmashers, we wanted to build a world unified without borders, for people to remember those who were left out. Or those deemed helpless, to regain some sort of normalcy. We wanted to become a beacon of hope. When the blip happened, I lost a lot, but it wasn't as bad then when everyone returned 5 years later. Suddenly it was like any hope we had of a unified world was just another fruitful dream. If I didn't lose anything when the blip happened, then I lost everything upon the return. It was as if we were forgotten, pushed to the side and suddenly it was all about this who returned and not about those who stayed. You have to understand that what we're doing was never to harm people, it was to give back to everything we lost. ''

"I get that, I do" Sam said, and Fallon believed him. "But people are dead and it's not over yet. You still have serums don't you, are you going to build and army?"

Fallon took a deep breath before meeting his gaze. ''I had a partner; he was basically my brother, who with his whole heart believed in this cause. Believed in me. And that's what got him killed, even with the serum coursing through his veins. We're not invincible, hell I wouldn't wish this upon anyone. I made the decision to limit who took it. Now that Nagel is dead and the serum can't be replicated, I'm using it as leverage, not to build an army."

"Then why go through all this? " Zemo perked up; a frown clinched between his eyebrows as Fallon raised a brow n his direction.

"Because we want a future for these people, the kids in our camp. They don't deserve this. If no one is going to take care of them, we should try. The Powerbroker is going to come for us, that I know. They want the serum, I'm luring it to kill him before he kills my family. Then you can destroy it, do whatever the hell you want with it. Just leave us be."

"We can't do that" Bucky said. "They're going to arrest you and then you'll spend a life behind bars."

Fallon scoffed. "Yeah, that's why you're not going to let that happen to me. I'll help you. I fear Karli is going to do something that not even I can stop her. If I help you, you gotta help me."

"Is this an ultimatum" Bucky scoffed, glancing at Sam who looked at her, his eyes glossed over in thought. Bucky knew that look all too well. 

"We just want to survive. Is that so bad" Fallon said as she glanced down at her phone. "We're having a memorial for Donya tonight, she's the reason behind this and Karli will be there. I don't think she's going to listen to me anymore. So I'll allow you to talk to her, talk her out of this but only you Sam. I'm trusting you. "

Sam nodded as he and Bucky shared a glance. Oh, how she hoped things would work out in their favour.

"Now you need to leave, if anyone catches you here, you're as good as dead." She said as she glanced at the time.

"Thank you, for trusting us" Sam said and Fallon gave him a small smile. Her eyes trailing to the man beside him, his lips curling into a small smile and a part of her fluttered. Maybe working with them wouldn't be too bad.