Repentance

Chapter 15

The way to hospital wasn't long but each second passed like an hour. Difficult to digest the fact that a girl who loved me , who was ready to sacrifice herself for me was battling her life. noone knows how she was doing. It's all my fault I should have stopped her the instance I knew there was something wrong. Oh I wish I hadn't waste my time in that stupid basketball politics. I'm such a looser neither could I save my designation nor my friends but I have to, I have to save kate.
The bus stopped with a jerk and the inertia jolted me on my seat which definitely made me come back from my world of thoughts and woosh the doors opened. I got out as fast as I could, crossed the bridge and entered the hospital gate. Thankfully I was in time for the visiting hours and nurses told me the room number as it was the only poison case reported thus an easier reach.
Sun setting, birds chirping and there she was fast asleep. Her cheery lips dried like a desert and eyes tired seeking redemption but still she laid beautiful, innocence radiating like moonlight on a clear night. I couldn't do anything but watch her reflecting aura. The more I looked the magnetic it gets until she moved and Opened her tiresome eyes. There I had to lie about my grandma but she wasn't dumb not to get it.
Soon the doctors discharged her as it wasn't a real poison but an overdose of the drugs.
Meanwhile she changed clothes and I decided she'll go with me to my place.
As I can't leave her alone AGAIN!
We took the bus back to our block throughout the journey she was quite and eyes sticked on the ground. Although I was right next to her but it felt as we were miles apart. The pain I caused her over these months was irreversible. where she is now is because of me but there was no point to grieve on rather fix everything.
Little did I know what would happen next.