The black mirrors

chapter 6

The dream made be uncomfortable for instant, so I got up to watch the TV instead. I picked up the remote placed on divan and sat down, after that switched on the screen, I surf the channels to and fro but found nothing amusing. Every channel had same boring story which was once enjoyed by us in our happy times. Huh! I sighed and turned down the red button on remote. Still sitting on the couch I stared the black screen for quite a long time. The only thing visible was my eyes as they were reflecting due to moonlight. The pin drop silence at the background, with cries echoing my head. I stared the black screen for three to four hours approx. This long period of staring caused some mysterious hold between us. I was hypnotized by the effect, so soothing and so alluring; that I slept the whole day long. After ages I got to sleep comfortably; without any sort of tension. I didn't know when the sun rose and again settled down. When my eyes opened what I saw was a peaceful twilight projecting through my window sill. It was something I had been deficient for. Then some whisper hit my ears and directed me to watch the mirror. No doubt it was the internal voice that spoke up, it was dark inside so I could barely see myself in mirror but my eyes were still visible as before. The same magnetic effect caught my soul...

Indeed an enchanting effect initiated. "What is happening to me?" I mumbled; with my hands compressing my head in-between. Right then a puff of air hit the room I was in, all the windows were closed but still the breeze was felt. Then I heard a thud and my shoulders rose in response, "what was that?" I thought to myself. I went to investigate and to my surprise a book in fact a very old looking book was fallen to ground. I never saw it before. It was lying on the floor with its middle parted on each side. I picked up as it is and glanced to the bold written heading which says Black Mirror's Effect! It was something that caught my interest and I took the book with me to my couch where I usually sit to read.

Black mirror's effect!

This world in several ways connects us to the dark world on the other side, but the most responding are the black screens.....black screens are the passage between the two worlds; they work by sending the lost spirits to where they belong while the spirits you want can be summoned back.

This deadly exchange can be done by exorcising the houses where unwanted paranormals are found...

What does all this mean? Can I call my friends back? What is that exor...cisss-ing? All these questions were rushing in my mind... the only thing I knew was that there is a' way to reunite with my loved ones and I had to find it.

For once I forgot about the mysterious book and how it entered my shelf, the only thing I knew was to perform that "exorrrrr—css cism!" however that thing spells.

For the whole night I couldn't sleep; thinking about that word exorrr-cism and what does that mean, and I was too excited that I would got to see Missy, Haden, Azura and Sara back... for the first time in forever the curvature of my lips was upwards. I was finally happy after a long time maybe the first time after they left me. The next morning I woke up early, got changed to my maroon mini dress and tucked a pair of ankle high boots. The necklace which Haden gave to each of us was still on my neck which says 'M' the rest of the letters of word "AMIGO" were given to each of group members... AMIGO is a Spanish word meaning friend. These necklaces were something we wore every day and we even clicked a pic with the word amigo on our necks. With Haden in first place with letter 'A' describing his personality Agile, followed by me stating Mature then 'I' was given to Sara as she seems Idiotic to Haden (these siblings sarcasm were never ending) followed by 'G' which stands for Good looks obviously Azura and finally Missy with letter 'O' owning the title of Owl; which Haden thinks Missy resembled to due to, her round chubby features. Missy was never happy with her title as Haden made fun of her but we always comforted her saying: "owls are wise Missy! Like you." Laughing internally!

I grabbed my bag in which the mysterious book was and went to the city library to investigate further. I searched throughout library books about topics related to black screens but, all in vain. Next, sitting at the same place I searched through web and found something resourceful.

DR. Mathew Skills___ indeed a very famous name in the history of magic world. Thought to have performed hundred+ exorcisms. No doubt I had to go and meet him. The internet says he lives in St. West beach. The very same day right from the library I took the bus to west beach. Its a few miles from the place I live-in, the beach side does give it a Maritime influence. So its colder in daytime and mild at evenings. Therefore I did not have to take a jacket up with me. That maroon mini dress worked best for me plus the ankle high boots were comfy to stroll in.

Dr's address wasn't a hard task. After consulting few people I found exactly where he lives, which was a single story ramshackle building then I knocked at the door and waited for someone to respond. As nobody opened I knocked again still futile. For the last time I decided to knock; just as I was moving my hand to the door knob someone called from behind: "Nobody lives here." A soft toned woman said. I for instance turned back and saw a woman in her late forties carrying a load of vegetables. "Oh let me help you with these." I fluently said while taking her items with me. "Thank you so much, you are indeed a very nice girl." Then I started following her to her house which was right next to Dr. Mathew's. On the way we started talking to each other and she added: "no one has ever helped me like this; surely your parents brought you up in a decent way, they must be very pleased with you....right?"

"ummm, actually I lost both of them many years ago, my mother died when I was eight and my father was in military. Most of days he spends on his camp bases then one day I got a call that he passed away due to some disease in the area... and from then I'm all by myself."

"Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't..."

"Nah! Its fine, I'm kinda okay with that." There upon unlocking her main door she invited me over her house. "Why don't you come on in and have a nice cup of coffee. We can chit chat for some time..."

"Well I'm getting late, ummm actually I was in a bit hurry..." then a cold wind blew and surrounded me, it felt on my naked shoulders as cold ice so I couldn't resist a nice warm coffee. Both of us went in; she took off her light brown robe that she was wearing to keep warm underneath she was wearing a simple knee high dress, showing her pinkish wrinkled legs bare certainly it wasn't cold inside, I placed the grocery right on the table and sat on the couch. Within no time she bought the coffee with few marshmallows to chew as well. She seated beside me and asked for the amount of sugar I'd like to put in. There started the conversation, at first we were very basic on our dialogues like which school do you go to, where do you live and also like do you read and etc. This tete-a-tete session didn't last long when she finally asked why I wanted to meet Dr and is he a close relative of mine. Obviously I couldn't tell her about the mirrors and stuff so rather I found it comfortable to say that I was to make a school report on exorcism and their effects. The lady didn't seem to be impressed by answer maybe someone earlier has also stated the same lie. She had that look of skepticism. Now before she could ask another question I broke up: "do you know where I can find him?" I hurriedly took the last sip of my coffee and got up.

"He lives in mental hospital." Then she gave me his address. I took it, said goodbye and went towards the main gate. A voice came from behind "he might be of no help to you" I simply smiled at it. "Leave that to me old lady!" I thought back...