Mission: Getting the number

Chapter 1

With rain pouring down, reading my favorite book and a soothing coffee cup by my side. I was seated by the large window at the lounge. Enjoying the perfect weather, the breeze was entering the room along with tiny drops of rain; the droplets felt on my cheeks as the gust of freshness...by reaching the end of chapter 9 of my book I paused and looked at the hour clock; ''it's already half past 6 they must be here by now, I must get up and check on the cookies in the oven ..."

It was Saturday afternoon and what can be a better idea other than to spend it with bunch of friends. Today Missy, Haden, Sara and Azura are coming over; the basic purpose of coming here is to console me to my so-called breakup! They have plans to watch the heart-break teenage movies so that my feelings can be consoled and I can feel better, My bunch of pals never fail to make me feel happy but what they ignore is that I was never in a relationship.

Well, it was just that one senior that I had a crush on for years, his perfect wavy dark brown hair falling to one side of forehead, metallic dust-shaded eyes which always shine bright, fair toned, pinkish lips with amazing dimples and a tall height with muscular body to spice up the look even further. He always entered the school hallway with a bunch of pals around; all members of school basketball team. I never got the chance of talking to him just because I was too shy to say "Hi!" Also I never had anything to say further. One day Missy got up with the idea of taking out this cool guy's number

She sent me to the administration's office when no one was there and had my back. I searched through the data and got his number. It wasn't as easy as it sounds during the mission I was out of my breath, Haden and Sara both were standing out watching for the sir not to appear, whereas Azura the smart head made sure all the office cameras were off before hand. Having his number was the greatest achievements of the semester. Surely there were other methods too but this was something we could rely on for a long time; as along with the number, we got his address and email id too, "you stupid heads, have made my life complete ,now I can't wait to call him"...

"No need to 'thank you' Kate! Exclaimed Missy ironically.

Then at recess I picked my phone, my hands shaking while dialing the number, with all my pals sticking their eyes to my phone. Three beeps ...and there he picked the phone. 'Hello! Who's there? _ Hello?'' His voice, so charming and so masculine that I drooled over it and what only came out of my mouth was: "a-a-a-aaa!" and I banged the phone back. Then I glanced towards Azura (who supposedly was the one at great risk to retrieve the number) her eyes were on fire and questioning me; why...? To this I cowardly replied:"at least we have his number...ha-ha-haa ..." she was still staring me so, I added: "Ummm NOo?''.