The Internet Café

Chapter 10

It was February's coldest day; it rained early in the morning. Whether here in Manhattan is so unpredictable, I tell you within blinks of eyes it rains and the next moment it's all dried up. I was in my PJs therefore I changed to something simple yet elegant; a black knee length dress without sleeves and to protect myself against the cold I grabbed a matching leather jacket. This time instead of heels I decided to toss the look with comfy black sneakers because I had to walk miles to reach the cafe' and trust me I cannot afford a taxi service. Luckily I have Haden's 'multi-membership card' so I can use any public service under $10 and this internet club is the right choice! I locked my apartment and headed towards the internet cafe'.

After half an hour of walking in unknown wet streets finally I was at my destination. I opened the door and moved to the reception, showed my membership card to the receptionist: a very fine looking Turkish with light beard and sparkly grey eyes; in his casual jeans n Tee's and his workout physique, simply jaw dropping; he smiled at me and said "welcome ma'am!"His Arabic cum Turkish accent was so soothing and welcoming at the same time. Next, he pointed out at a bare desktop at far left of the hall and asked me to be seated, I nodded and without uttering a word I settled down. Last time when I was here they had a female receptionist I wonder from where this striking looking man comes from. Anyways I shook my head from unwanted thoughts and powered on the PC.

An hour later when I was in middle of my deep research I heard chuckles which turned to loud giggles when I glared at the faces it was coming from, four to five boys sitting in a group and talking gibberish. Not knowing whom it was coming from I annoyingly said: "hey can you slow it down a bit"

"Woh woh look whose gettin grumpy". Someone among them replied.

It was a voice I was familiar with already, Hudson I muttered astonishingly. "Where did he come from and what is he doing here?" I hid my face behind the monitor to avoid further contact. Tucked my eyes back to the paragraph I was evaluating, trying hard to understand what was written but, all in vein. So I decided to read again from the beginning of the paragraph meanwhile I felt an enormous shadow approaching me from behind. My eyes opened wide sensing every footstep taken; my mouth unable to read further when I felt someone leaning by my computer seat and arms spread by my side.

A husky voice read: "black mirror's affect!" then his deadly eyes turned to mine which were in immense shock, unable to utter a word all I could do was to keep breathing. There was a dead silence which he broke right after saying: "so what are you doing here..." It was the same question I was thinking of and without waiting for a response he added "...and what is this black mirror thing, may I ask" his tone was nevertheless soft but cold. I felt as if all together my soul is wretched out of me; unable to move, drained and helpless, I was nothing but a piece of pebble laying flat somewhere on earth.

"It's none of your business I suppose." I said confidently but shaking inside.

"Well in that case, it is 'my business'_ actually my father's buisness.

What is he talking about is he crazy what business is he talking about? I wondered.

Looking at the confusion on my face he abruptly said well this is my father's cafe you are sitting in, he owns this place.

To this I rolled my eyes as I wasn't impressed at this at all. Plus I was sitting here legally with pass unlike Dr.Skills house where I broke in. He's just a showoff brat! I thought to myself and started on the computer to look busy so he can scoot away.

But that stubborn wasn't ready for this so I copied every bit of information in my pen drive and got up.

Meanwhile I reached the reception I glanced back and he was still watching me, so I stopped and asked the receptionist the timings for the cafe' and some random questions related to my membership just to make Hudson fell jealous as I was talking to a man ten times more handsome than him and perhaps hundred times more kinder. Within every question I switched a look to Hudson to make sure he was looking and getting jealous, but he had that smirk on his face perhaps knowing what I really was up to. When the conversation between me and that Turkish guy got really weird like ok so you get your salary as cash? I knew it was time to leave and not embarrass myself any further. Making a thank you face I left.

The whole way back home I was thinking if I did right or did I just made a fool of me in front of world's two most handsome men.