Sunken Into Her Sorrows

Chapter 14

It was by this time I completely realized that Kate needs someone in her life and that has to be me. It was because of  my friends I shouted on Kate, that day. I didn't wanted to look like a looser being friends of a junior; who was by then only a weirdo in everybody's eyes.
I felt piety on myself for neglecting that pure soul for my evil snakes.
So I went to visit Kate.
The streets were wet with the rain that poured the night before. I loved the smell of the ground mixed with mud. Cool breeze hitting my face while I was deep into the flood of my thoughts, some showing how other's betrayed me and some on how I betrayed her. After all karma do exists.
Reality hit me when the voices of people Louden in my ear.When I moved my head up I saw clutter of townsmen gathered around her building. " She looked like this" ,
"I knew this was gonna happen"
Random female voice: " did you not noticed her scars and swollen eyes..."
other female interupted: " ...oh yes, and God forbids those screams..."
What was this mess I wondered, my heart began to beat faster. I tried to make my way through those people to the staircase and jerked. The staircase was all cealed with yellow and orange plastic strips. "Where are you going?"
A heavy voice called me from behind." Hi officer, I'm Hudson what happened here? I wanna go upstairs" While shaking his hand I replied. " Well boy you can't go up, the girl from apartment 27 ate up poison and we're inquiring the matter."
"Apart..27; oh shit....that's Kate , sir I know her. Where is she , how's she, Can I see her???"

"Shes at the hospital, well we may need your help for inquiry, don't go elsewhere." The officer replied.

Those few minutes were hardest to digest. I barely knew how she was , whether alive or not. After relentlessly roaming here and there one of them called me inside.
The society office was a simple one.
One the right 3 men were sitting and on other side were 2 more. I seated beside them and then they started to question. Well they told me Kate was not dead but was in a terrible state.
After random questions they found I was not at all linked to her neither did the building men saw me there so I was allowed to leave.
Next moment I knew where I was heading to.
The wait at the bus stop was a complete headache. why are buses not on time, I should have come on my own car!!! But it was not possible on earth as my car was up to mechanic for oil changing.
After waiting for like fifteen minutes the bus came.