Truth Revealed

Chapter 16
That day we stayed up together although she was badly hurt inside but didn't expressed much. it could be clearly seen by the way she replied, just nods. Kate was more concerned of what happened to her rather than what I did to her. Anyways I stayed at her place which was dark and gloomy. Even the living room couch wasn't a comfortable spot to recline on, somehow I managed a nap until my sleep distorted with some noise.
I hurriedly got up and rushed to kate's bedroom, the speech was distorted and mixed with weird voices.
When I sneeked from a tiny space between the door I saw something I couldn't believe.
She was hitting floor hard and hard with a wooden plank and speaking unknown. I was trying with my full force to stop her but her grip made me question my strength. "Stop kate, stop"  but futile. After she slowed down I threw the stick away and hugged her tight. Kate was out of breath and inhaling deeply. My hands somehow reached to wipe tears from her cheeks which were reddish now due to excessive blood circulation.
"Its there, it's there , he'll kill me ...look!"
" Noone's there Kate, relax, I'm with you,shhhh.. baby girl your fine"
There was complete silence after that, just Kate breathing slowly, I picked her up and put her in the bed. Gave her a quilt which was lying on the floor and switched off the lamp. After I closed the door I couldn't sit peacefully. "This behavior isn't normal, what should I do, what is all this..."
My head was banging with thoughts, why did she reacted this way. And what is all this; the wooden stick, candles, mirrors etc.
Where have we lost that girl who was chirpy once and loved to dance.
I remember that day when Kate and her friend joined the ballet for swan lake and oh my! She looked mesmerizing as Oded, she was perfect for that role. The way she used to spin and balance her feet was recognizable. Yes I wanted to gave her a standing ovation but Angeline made me sit half way. "Angeline"  I said and a sarcastic smile hit me, oh how much time I've wasted on you in search of gold probably I missed diamond. A diamond that forgot to shine. Meanwhile the lids closed and I don't know when I slept on that couch.

The morning was chaotic, we were missing out appointment and Kate was not ready to go. I took whatever I thought would look good on her and made her change clothes. After knocking twice on the door Kate came out of the bathroom. She was nailing that midi dress but she was weak inside and outside. I told her that cab was outside and there was no time for breakfast. So I forcefully stroked her out and we sat in cab.
"Where are you taking me"
"Umm I booked you a check up"
" But I'm all fine hud.."
I interrupted her,
"..I know you're fine Kate but it's just a check up at Dr. Poem"

The clinic was a big one with proper reception and waiting hall. We didn't had to wait much and soon the nurse called us in.
"Dr. Poem  psychologist, cognitive specialist. What !!! ..It's a mental hospital!  ---You think I'm mad...you- thin.k.."
"No, listen it's just a check up, please relax kate!---"

Kate lost her temper before we even proceed in, she was hyper at the fact I brought her here without telling, but I knew this was necessary.
Finally I convinced her to go in and with a grim face she sat.
"You!" Kate said
"Oh! hi dear how are you?" Excitedly the doctor replied.
"You guys know each other?"
"Yes, we once met outside doctor Methew skills house and Kate helped me with the groceries."

Dr. Poem was a Middle aged woman and had wrinkled but fresh skin. When I went to meet Kate at the hospital that day the doctors refered me to take to a psychologist as deverouring such high content tablets wasn't a thing any sane minded would do.. they believed Kate was going through some depression but what I saw the night before was even worse. So I took her to a psychologist who was also someone kate knew before.

For the first few minutes they talked randomly about there first meetup and how helpful Kate was to her that day, and probably the coffee and marshmallow they had. I knew this was necessary so they could develop a relation that aids treatment.

Then at this point the doctor asked a question which gave Kate goosebumps. The unease could be clearly seen on Kathleen's face and how much she wanted to avoid answering.