2 : HER LIGHT HIS DARKNESS

TAN'S POV

" Why didn't you tell me you are going to Paris?" Rynn asked from another side of the phone.

"Who told you that I'm in Paris?" I ignored her question.

" Aiden." She replied.

That f*cker. He is such a pain in my a*s. Can't he take care of a single thing without me? I told him not to let her know about my mission because she always gets worried about me.

"Now tell me why didn't you inform me?" She asked again.

" I didn't want to bother you that's why." I replied honestly.

"How can I not worry about you, Tan. Please don't get into any trouble this time. Don't get hurt, don't get sick, and take care of yourself okay ?" Her tone got lower and lower with every second.

'Here we go again'

"Don't worry. I'll. I promise". With that, I ended the call and glanced at the bunch of dead bodies in front of me.

I put my knife in my pocket and drived back to my Vella.

When I was 15. My mother attempts suicide and left me alone in this world. I know her pain was unbearable and she wasn't in her right mindset at that moment because of the situation but what she did was wrong.

I was only a high school student when I realized that suicides don't take away our pain it passes on to someone else.

And that pain passed into me and turned into anger. I promised myself that day that I'll kill that bastard who was the reason behind my mother's death, one day for sure.

But not that easily I'll snatch every single shit from him that he has earned in his life. I'll destroy his business. I'll make him regret it. I want him to beg me for his death.

Back then I was walking back home around ten at night. When I was about to cross an alley I caught three jerks harnessing a girl who was around twenty. She was screaming her lungs out but there was no one to help her. Or I can say except for me.

"LEAVE HER". I shouted. One of them turned to me and laughed because I was only a kid back then. But they were underestimating me.

"Or else what?" One of them replied. I balled my fingers into a fist.

"Try me." Hearing that they all turned in my direction.

But after two minutes they all were on the ground, groaning in pain. As I beat the shit out of them. "Losers". I smirked.

I remember when I was twelve, my mother took my admission to a Karate classes. I have a black belt in it. I can beat six people in one go. I've learned it for three years straight and the result was in the reflection of my eyes.

I helped that poor girl reach a hospital. She was badly injured. Looking so vulnerable. When she was admitted to the hospital I meet her husband he was very worried about her as she was a month pregnant.

At that moment I realised that I didn't only save her by harnessing her but also saved a life.

That's Rynn. Since that incident, she didn't let go of me. Now she is my only family. She has a nine years old daughter now. She lives in New York too with her family and is overprotective toward me because she knows I'm in the mafia.