30 : BODYGUARDS

ANNA'S POV

Sitting on the edge of the bed only in Won's last night oversized hoodie I was struggling to take off the band-aid from my knee since I woke up, but as it was stuck on my wound, it was hurting like hell.

Lastly, I gave up because of the pain. I rested my elbows on my thighs and put my face in my palms.

I heard a slight knock on the door before it is wide open revealing Tan. I quickly sat straight as I was only in a hoodie with my inners on.

I noticed the change of expression when his eyes landed on my bare legs but he immediately diverted his gaze and walked inside the closet, without uttering a word. I was way too embarrassed now.

But why did he come here?. Wait is this his room?. I looked around only to realize the whole dark shades of this room match his personality perfectly. But why did he give me his room?.

I was too lost in my thought until a pair of clothes landed directly on my face. The sleeve of the shirt was falling on my face, blocking my front view and the rest of the shirt was on my head. " Wear this". I heard him saying.

I pulled the shirt down from my head and glared at Tan who had just thrown it. "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?". I yelled not standing from my previous place.

" Are you thinking about roaming around only in that hoodie here?". He asks coldly while pointing his finger at me up to down.

Why is he always acts like a protective boyfriend when it comes to my clothes. I opened my mouth to spat back but I didn't have anything to say because he is right. I was only in the hoodie which was barely reaching till my mid-thighs and this place is full of men.

I shook my head in no, looking down at my knee. " It not.....my band-aid got stuck". I said while pointing at my knee.

As soon as I said those words, his eyes softened. He immediately placed his clothes aside and came towards me looking at the wound. kneel on the floor in front of me. "Let me do it". He said and I didn't argue this time as I really wasn't able to help it.

He gently started pulling the band-aid off but as it was still stuck on the wound, it was sending pain-like sparkle. Biting my lips, controlling myself from whimpering I looked down at him as he was so delicately doing it.

" Done ". He said after pulling it off completely and softly blowing on it. Standing up from the ground he grabbed his clothes and headed out of the door without saying anything.

" Tan". As I called he turned to look at me. " Thank you". I said and smiled at him.

" Wear those clothes and come downstairs for breakfast. I will arrange your clothes by this evening". He said with a blank face and left the room.

' Ice cube '

After taking a bath I wore Tan's oversized clothes that he gave me and went downstairs for breakfast where I found three persons eating already. There was one more guy like my age with Tan and Aiden. I don't know why but that guy was looking a bit like Mia, the girl who is there in the car while Aiden drops me.

There were many mouth-watering dishes on the table. So without wasting a second I grabbed a knife and spoon and started eating. Not caring about the stares of others because I hadn't eaten anything since last evening with Ezra in the hospital.

'Okay....okay....I drank a glass of milk last night. Also that cake. Yeah, I ate that'

After a good but silent breakfast, all three of them went out, leaving me alone here with those well-built and dangerous-looking bodyguards. But there were sweet as the whole day I was roaming around in the mansion one of them was behind me, following me all the way, and others were bowing at me whenever I passed by them.

I noticed one thing that there is not a single lady in the house. Bodyguards, watchmen, maids even the shafe is male here. Mansion was beautiful but felt lifeless as there were no human voices around.

***

It's been five days that I'm here in this mansion and I was kinda bored now as there was no one to talk to neither Tan was letting me go to work even after I am perfectly fine now.

Tan brought me many dresses as he said and took care of me in every way possible but he is also not a talkative type of person. Sometimes even Aiden came and cheers me up but that blank but handsome faces person didn't show any emotions.

I found out that Aiden isn't a bad person. He only does what Tan orders him to do. I ask Aiden about the guy who always joined us at the dining table he told me that he is Mia's brother Mark. He also told me about him and why he is here. It was kinda heart touching to hear how Tan helped him and his family. But that Mark guy never steps out of his room unnecessarily neither he speak a word with me.

I asked Aiden about Tan's cold behavior but he only said he had gone through so much and the bitter past made him how he is now. I asked him about his past, he didn't reply but his sad eyes were enough for me to understand that whatever his past was but it did have affected them very badly.

In those days I also got friendly with all the bodyguards and other workers. They are pretty much free to talk with me but not in front of Tan. They always stand straight as a line in front of him but behind his back they are quite a softy.

As Tan and Aiden always come back home late, I decided to play hid and seek with bodyguards come, friends. They declined many times saying they'll lose their job if Tan will find out about it but they were not able to resist my pouty face and agreed to play along.

Now I was having a blindfold on my eyes and others were making noises of their feet and claps. I was trying to catch them through that. After a few minutes of searching them, they got quieter and quieter making it hard for me to catch them and by now it's a pin drop silence. Only the sound of my giggles was echoing in the huge hallway.

Soon my back bumped into someone. Turned around quickly, I grabbed his coat and shouted in excitement. "CAUGHT YOU".

A wide smile spread on my lips in victory. Still holding his coat in my palm I use another to touch his face. Trying to recognize him but soon a familiar scent hit my nostrils when I leaned closer to him.

He grabbed my wrist, with which I was touching his facial features, and with others, he pulled my blindfold off. I definitely knew that who is that person is and because of that, I refused to open my eyes.

" Open them". He ordered in his deep voice. Which was now deeper than usual. I was too afraid to face him but more than terrified to decline his order. I opened my eyes slowly only to meet with his dark brown orbs with the range in them.

" EVERYONE OUT". He shouted on my face. I flinched hard but he didn't divert his gaze still staring through my eyes in my soul. Soon everyone who was standing silently bowed down their heads and even Aiden left the hallway.

My grip around his coat got tightened as I was holding onto him. because he isn't what I'm afraid of. What actually terrifies me is his anger.