15 : TROUBLE

TAN'S POV

Aiden and I dashed inside breaking the door but there was no one. I opened her bedroom door but she wasn't there too. We checked every inch of her apartment but there was no sign of her. Aiden sat on the couch running his fingers in his hair.

" Aiden". I suddenly called him loudly. His head snapped towards my direction quickly. "Elevator".

We both rushed towards the elevator. I tapped my fist hard on the door. "Anna. Anna are you in there?" I shouted pressing my ear on the door.

"Tan. Tan..... I'm-I'm in here.... Tan please..... please save..me.....Tan". A weak voice came out as she was sobbing.

"Anna, don't worry. I'm here. Nothing will happen to you. Just keep on breathing okay". I said and turned my head towards Aiden who was standing behind me.

I didn't need to say anything, he nodded and went to fix elevator settings as he knows everything about it.

" Tan...." She called out with her broken voice but I can feel a little hope in that.

" Anna, I'm here. Calm down please. It will open in few minutes". My own heart was beating as hell even though I tried to console her.

I stood outside the elevator for around tan minutes, waiting for Aiden to fix it. A ding sound indicated that the elevator door opened. She rushed out of it and threw her arm around me.

She sobbed hard in my chest. I swept my eyes across her body searching for the sign of any cuts. After making sure she is alright a sigh of relief escaped my lips. I hold her tightly in my arms like if I'll let her go I'll lose her.

" I was... stuck.. in.... there from last ..three.. hours. I-I called... Luca but he...he ..didn't pick.... up. I was.... s-so... scared ". She hiccuped in between.

She was in my arms for the first time. She was clenching my coat in her tiny firsts tightly. I was able to feel her thumping heart near my chest.

" Everything is alright. I'm here". I caressed her hair trying to shish her.

Aiden came running towards us but stopped a few steps away. He glanced at her broken figure in my arms then moved his gaze at me. I slowly nodded in assurance that she's fine. He looked at us for a few seconds before heading outside.

Her heartbeats started calming down. She let go of me slowly. Her head was bowed. She wiped her wet cheeks with the back of her palms.

"Can you walk?"
I asked. She nodded in response.

I supported her to walk till her apartment and made her sit on her bed. I handed her a glass of water. She drank it then I made her lay on the bed and covered her tiny figure in a blanket. I sat beside the bed on the floor, slowly caressed her long hair.

" You need rest. I'm not going to let anyone hurt you, I promise". I whispered softly. Her eyes were closed. She didn't reply. She didn't even nod this time.

'Damn, she is so scared'.

After a few minutes I saw her body getting relaxed a she finally fell asleep. She was holding my hand tightly in her sleep. Still looking scared. Her long brown hair was falling from her pillow, her eyes were puffy, her nose was red, her lips were parted because her cheek was pressed on the pillow.