16 : HELP

ANNA'S POV

I dragged Tan with me to the other alley and made both of us hide behind a car. " Keep your eyes closed and don't make any sound". I said and soon heard the sound of some footsteps of men coming in our direction. I immediately closed my eyes and covered my mouth with my palms so as not to make any sound. My heart was beating faster with each step they were taking closer. I was so afraid to get caught.

Suddenly I heard a chuckle. I opened my eyes and gazed at Tan. "What?" I shouted in a whispering manner.

" Nothing ". He whispered back mocking me while trying to control his laughter. I don't know what was with him all of a sudden. He seemed nonchalant.

'Isn't he afraid?'

After a few minutes, I stood up slowly and peeked from behind the car. As I saw those men driving off. I sighed and looked down at Tan's side who was sitting down beside me. His back was resting on the car. He was still holding his left arm tightly with his right palm.

"They are gone". I said finally taking a breath of relief.

He looked up at me and forwarded his hand, his wiggling fingers gestured for me to grab it, which I did, and made him stand up. He leaned his back onto the car as he wasn't able to stand properly.

"Who were they?" I asked but without replying he pulled out his mobile from his pocket and dialed a number.

After a few beeps that I was able to hear in the silence, someone picked up the call. " Aiden. I'm not going to come home tonight. Stay at my place. Don't go out. Increase security and make sure to check on Mark..." He talked for a while on his phone that I wasn't able to understand, then he hung up the call.

He looked at me and I was already staring at him, waiting for an answer to my question. He took a step towards me but as he wasn't able to walk properly, he stumbled on his feet. He was about to fall but I caught him.

I wrapped my arm around his waist and his arm around my shoulder for support. " Is there any cut on your leg?" I asked looking down at his feet.

I sensed him shaking his head. " No. It's just because I fell from the bike. It's okay. Don't worry. Go home safe. I'll get going". He replied softly.

"No. Let's go to the hospital first your arm is also bleeding". I said worriedly still looking down at his injured feet.

" No. It's alright. I'll go-". He began but I cut him off in between.

"I heard that you are not going to your house. And you also declined to go to the hospital. At least come with me to my apartment I'll help you with your wound". I said concernfully.

" Why are you so worried about me?". He asked. I looked up at him as he frowned. His face was dangerously close to mine and his expression was unreadable as always.

" It's because...Ummm-".
' It's because I care for you'.
I stuttered but immediately got an idea "...because you helped me yesterday that's why?". I replied nodding my head with wide eyes for him to believe me.