34 : FREEDOM

WON'S POV

"Tell me you can also see him". Ezra tapped the back of her palm on my chest as I was standing next to her. While Ezra's eyes were fixed on Tan who had a bored look on his face.

Ezra and I came back from the airport. I didn't tell her anything on the way back and as we approach back to my apartment she saw Tan. Now she's out of her mind.

" Yeah we can all see him. He is Tan., My twin brother". I said trying to calm her down but she was still freaking out.

She tried to run out of the apartment two times when she came to know that Tan is in the mafia but I caught her and made her sit on the couch. I sat beside her while Tan was sitting in front of us. Anna came handing Ezra a glass of water and took a seat beside her.

Ezra gulped down a sip of water from the glass without turning her attention from Tan who eyed her up to down without blinking.

" My fiance ". I introduced Ezra to Tan.

" I know. I've got slapped because of her once". He replied coldly looking at Anna.

" Okay ". Ezra let out a nervous laugh placing the glass on the table in front of her she spoke. " I don't know why and how but I'm sorry for whatever happened to you because of me. Now I think I should go". Ezra stood up to go but Anna caught her wrist.

" He won't hurt you". Anna muttered in low voice making her sit back again.

We all clear our doubts to each other. We all shared our past and the cruelest one was of Tan. He has gone through a lot.

His cold eyes and hard tone reflect his past. We all sat in silence after listening to him but my mind is my mind. It was kept on telling me to ask a stupid question. And being Won I did.

" Who is older?". All of their head snapped towards me.

" Unfortunately you". He replied with a 'are you serious look. I smiled sheepishly. " Only three minutes". He added.

TAN'S POV

" I want to go to my apartment". Anna said as I turned my car towards the highway.

" But-".

" Tan please". She said before palming her forehead looking outside the car window.

After a long and silent ride, my car stopped near her apartment building. Without even glancing at me she was about to open the door but I caught her wrist.

She looked at me with her tired blue eyes. " I still want you to come to my house. It's not safe here for you". I said politely.

She shook her head. " I'll be restless there. Restless around you and that dark walls. It's so suffocating. My life has become a cage. It revolves around you and your family only. My parents died because of your father. I'm caged by you. And Won! He never did anything wrong but since the day he walk into my life, my bad luck started. I wish he would never have visited here". Her eyes were empty. No tears in them. She released her wrist from my grip slowly and spoke again. " I don't want to be in this trouble anymore. I'm so tired Tan. I'm a simple girl who is now also broken. I'm not strong nor do I have any strength left to keep going. Please find someone else. I won't be able to help you anymore. Free me, please. I want some peace". She pleaded in the weakest tone.