23 : WARNING

ANNA'S POV

" Welcome back home my dear spy". I heard a manly voice along with his footsteps as his tall figure started walk toward me.

I wasn't able to see his face but I recognised his voice. " Tan". I uttered taking some steps backward.

" That's right. But let me guess, you weren't expecting me here, right?". He asked taking more steps closer to me. I felt his hard gaze straight on me in the dark.

I didn't reply. I was scared, didn't have any slight idea about what is he going to do next.

I flinched when the wall came in contact with my back. He stopped a step away from me. Expanding his arm he rested it beside my left shoulder on the wall. As he leaned near my face my heart started thumping more. I bet even he was able to listen to my loud heartbeat and heavy breathing in that pin drop silence.

He raised his other hand near my face and lit up the lighter, he was playing all the time with. Now I was able to see his elfin face with a sinister smirk on it.

"Tell me what you want and get out of my apartment?". I snap in a stunt voice before gulping fearfully.

He let out a breathy chuckle. " Someone is in hurry- Oh, did I disturb you and your boss? Is he coming up?". He asked shamelessly looking at the lighter.

" What if I say yes?". His head snapped towards me. He didn't expect this kind of answer from me.

This time I smirked.

I don't know where I got that confidence from but this time he was talking shit about my character and I can't just pretend to unheard it.

He slammed his fist beside me but I didn't even blink. He was burning in rage but I was standing there being stubborn.

" Don't you dare use that tone again on me, Anna". He gritted his teeth, clearly controlling his anger.

"Or else what huh?".  I asked looking straight into his eye. "Will you kill me? Oh, Nah. You are going to kill Luca right? Because I'm useful to you. Isn't it Mr. Tan William?". 'Losing him was my only fear. And now I'm fearless' " You know what? Just go and kill him already. I'll tell Won everything about you and be free from all this. But you will not. I know you will never be free because once you'll kill Luca your work can't be done without me". I added.

Well, he unexpectedly chuckled at my words. " You are right, Anna". He nodded. " I'm not going to do anything to your precious Luca. I know something more precious to you than him". He blows the lighter off and leaned closer to my ear making me clench my dress as our bodies collided. " Your lovely Orphans house". He whispered.

My heart dropped. I pushed him away by his chest only to see a wide smirk playing on his face. Tear started forming in my eyes. " No...no....no...Tan...yo-you...can't do this to them". I stuttered.

" Oh, where did that strong Anna went who was warning me a few seconds ago. I swear I was literally shaking in fear". He laughed at me sliding both of his hands inside his pant pocket eyeing up to down at me. Must be feeling proud of making fun of my vulnerable state.