Its not a Psych ward, its a disneyland for the mentally unstable baddies pt. 1

-KATSUKI POV-
"Deku?"

The green haired boy smirked immediately, as if he caught on to what I was getting at. He tilted his head, smiling innocently and eyeing me like a wolf eyes prey. He simply let silence overtake the room for a moment or two, before talking.

"Kacchan fancy seeing you here." He replies with a sweet tone.

"I-I....how...? Why...?" I muttered still in shock.

"Ah.... We don't talk about why we're in here. It's like an unsaid rule. It's kinda....invasive. But! That being said....I'll some it up for you for ol' time's sake." He spoke delicately, as if trying to watch the words he spoke without revealing too much.

"....Um....Okay. I-I can tell you why I'm in here. I don't fucking care who I tell anyway...." I respond in a somber tone.

"Okay! Well..... STORY TIME—I go to UA uni just like you. I'm in a different department though. I'm in Business and International Marketing. School was okay—ya know how it is. Life was going really good....I even met a guy and well now he's my boyfriend. I made tons of friends, good grades....you get the picture. My dad came back.....and I finally got to meet him. I-it didn't go well though. A lot of fucked shut happened between us and I got involved in something I shouldn't have 'cause I was trying to help my dad out. Next thing ya know I'm hauled to the police station....I didn't get convicted of anything, but the school found out and I was kicked out. Not too long after, I found out my m-mom had stage four pancreatic cancer and she died....a week ago. I had a nervous breakdown and ended up in here." Deku explains with a trembling voice and a pained expression.

Inko is dead? I knew we lost contact after I got into University, but I didn't think....this much would've happened. Inko was like a mom to me, even after all the drama that happened between me and Deku during middle school. And Deku....

I'm at a loss of words. There is nothing I can say or do that could be of any comfort to Deku. I've been through a lot yeah....but nothing like this. No wonder he ended up in here. Anyone would after all that shit. I mean like it's only been like five months since school started.

"Hah. Can't say anything huh? Thought so." Deku chuckles out dryly.

"It's not that I can't say anything. It's just....there's nothing I can say. I-I'm sorry for your loss. W-was there a funeral? Inko was like a mom to me, ya know... MAN, fuck your dad!" I respond gruffly, hardening my tone at the last part.

"Yeah! Fuck my dad!" Deku joins in with a light giggle.

"We did have a funeral, but I was the only one there besides my boyfriend. It was small and since her death was so sudden, I was too in shock to organize a proper funeral. Heh. I'm a pathetic excuse for a son, huh?" Deku continues, laughing darkly to himself.

"Nah. You were a great son. I'm sure Inko wouldn't have asked for more from you. Don't beat yourself up too much. Fucking Deku." I reply, trying to lighten the hazy dark mood.

"Yeah.... WELP. Now you have to tell me about your 'tragic' reason for being stuck in here."

Tch- "You remember the whole shit that went down with my mom, right?" I question before continuing.

"Mhm."

"Well...she can back. Our meeting didn't go so well. I actually have a boyfriend now, even after all the internalized homophobia my mom induced in me. Funny, huh? Well, she met him too. Said some shit she shouldn't have and well I told her off. We didn't see each other again after that. Our meeting triggered a manic episode for me and I started getting bad again. Kiri—my boyfriend—was there to help me though. That is until earlier today or last night—I don't know what time it is, but you get what I'm saying—I had a bad break. Hallucinations and all the works, you name it. I ran out to the party I was at with some friends and Kiri. Next thing ya know, I'm cutting again and almost bleed out to death. So, I self admitted myself. I clearly need the help." I explain in a surprising casual manner.