19

Su Qingbai worked hard in the field for a while and pulled the handcart home.

"Qingbai, you are back." His mother was busy working in front of several bamboo cages when she saw Su Qingbai come back and shouted at him.

Su Qingbai walked over and saw his mother feeding chickens. Su Qingbai asked her, "Niang, where are the chickens coming from?"

Madam Su laughed and said, "Your Dad had nothing to do at home, so he took over the copying work and bought some chickens. Caicai is about to wean, and when it is time, he can have steamed egg custard to eat."

In the middle of the talk, Su Lingchuan came out with Su Caicai in his arms.

Su Lingchuan felt very helpless. Since Su Caicai was born, he had expressed his dislike for this child without any disguise. The family knew this and seldom brought Su Caicai's news to him at ordinary time, only in the case when there was nothing could be done.

Others knew, but Su Caicai was a baby that couldn't read other people's face. He didn't know. Since Su Qingbai went outside to support his family, Su Caicai had been thrown to Madam Su.

Madam Su was also busy all day, cooking and doing laundry. Because she had just started doing all the chores, some of the chores were not easy, she would inevitably slow down, and each time it took a lot of time.

Madam Su would put Su Caicai on the heated brick bed, which when he was smaller, it didn't matter. He could lie alone for a day. But since he slowly grew up, he could roll and climb, so he could not be taken care of as before.

Seeing Su Caicai's nimble calves and crawling around, Su Lingchuan couldn't watch Su Caicai climb up and down from such a high heated brick bed, could he?

After taking care of Su Caicai once or twice, Su Caicai stayed with him. Now, besides Su Qingbai, Su Caicai's favorite person was Su Lingchuan.

"Where does this handcart come from?" Su Lingchuan saw the handcart and asked him.

Su Qingbai took Su Caicai, smiled at Su Lingchuan, and said, "I just bought one because I thought it would be easier and efficient to use a handcart."

Su Lingchuan nodded, he did think likewise.

In the evening, the family of four ate together. Su Qingbai held Su Caicai and fed him steamed egg custard.

Su Lingchuan bought an old hen and three little chickens. The old hen had laid eggs.

"Dad, Niang."

While eating, Su Qingyang and Su Da-sao came in, and Su Da-sao was carrying a basket in her hand. "This is the mushroom we are picking today. You can try it, Dad, Niang."

Su Qingbai made room for them to eat together.

Su Da-sao laughed and waved. "We've all eaten. I'll put down the mushroom. Dad, Niang, you all eat leisurely."

Su Qingbai was a little embarrassed. Da-ge's family was not much better than him, but they often give them something.

Su Qingbai had to send vegetables to Da-ge's house from time to time.

Madam Su refused for them to leave. Da'er was several years older than her second son. When she had not had her second son, she had no less affection for Da'er than her youngest son. After days of not having dinner with her son, Madam Su sat down with the Su Qingyang couple and had a meal together.

For several days, Su Qingbai did not pick too many vegetables to sell as planned, even took less than usual, and came later than usual.

The reason was that Su Er-sao was pregnant.