27

Zhang Su helped Xu Qian into Su Qingbai's room. Looking around, Su Qingbai's room was still very clean.

Xu Qian's injuries were not completely healed, so Zhang Su directly supported him to the heated brick bed and let him lie down and rest.

Being supported by Zhang Su to the bed, Xu Qian's uneasy heart for many days finally came down to calm.

He lay in bed, head on arm, looking at the room. Coming to a strange place, he couldn't help thinking about his family, but... His family was no longer there.

Right now there was Xu Qian alone and he was not afraid of being seen. He couldn't hold back. A person lay in bed and wept silently.

"Hu~hu~"

When Xu Qian heard the tender 'huhu' voice, he froze and sat up quickly, rapidly wiping away his tears.

Was there anyone else here?

Xu Qian looked around and finally fixed his eyes on a small lump that was hard to notice.

It happened that at this time the little lump rolled over and sat up.

Xu Qian stared at him.

Su Caicai woke up to find that Dad was not there, Grandpa was not there, and a stranger was sitting on his turf and staring at him. Su Caicai's mouth suddenly shriveled up and his eyes burst into small tears.

Xu Qian was anxious and called for Zhang Su.

Zhang Su was having a drink and rushed over. Su Qingbai followed after him.

They saw the 'want to cry but don't want to cry' child at a loss of what to do, as though he confronted by a formidable enemy.

Su Qingbai pulled them apart, then held Su Caicai in his arms and patted him on the butt to coax.

When he saw it was his loved one, Su Caicai plunged into Su Qingbai's arms and showed only the butt to Zhang Su and Xu Qian.

Su Qingbai touched his little butt soothingly.

Looking up and seeing Zhang Su was staring at them, the father and son, Su Qingbai pointed to Su Caicai's butt. "My son! In four months will be a year old." [Caicai is 8 months]

Then he bowed his head and coaxed Su Caicai, "Dear son, hurry to get up, your butt is being looked at."

Su Caicai also felt bad and raised his head. He lay on Su Qingbai's shoulder, peeping at Zhang Su and Xu Qian from time to time.

About the child, Zhang Su wanted to ask yesterday. "What about his mother? Why didn't we see her?"

"The child has no mother." Su Qingbai lowered his head and shifted his eyes from the two of them to the moving Su Caicai.

Hearing that the child had no mother, Zhang Su suddenly thought of Su Qingbai's engagement with the girl from the Lou family. He guessed in his heart that it would be a sad thing to ask again.

Su Qingbai didn't know what he was thinking. He was relieved that he didn't ask again and gave an excuse that Su Caicai had peed to change his diaper.

So Xu Qian stayed in Su Family's house and Zhang Su hadn't left yet.

For the first few days, Su Qingbai and Su Caicai accompanied the guests as hosts for several days, until they gradually became familiar with the living environment here.

Su Qingbai went to the county alone that day.

These days he had been accompanying Zhang Su and looking after Su Caicai. Although he was concerned about the person in the county, he had no time to see him.