20

The two men soon finished their work, bundled up the vegetables on the ground, and found Su Caicai lying asleep in the handcart.

His face was flushed by the heat of the sun, his fists were beside his head, and his hands were half-grasped unconsciously. From time to time, the small hand was stretched out on his face and waved away a fly that was making a restless buzzing sound near his face.

Su Huai quickly picked him up and pinched him. He looked at Su Qingbai and said, "I haven't hugged him for a while. He's really heavy."

Su Qingbai looked at Su Caicai, who was sleeping like a piggy, and said, "You go back with Caicai in your arms, and the rest of it, I can do it alone."

Considering that Su Qingbai used to do this by himself, Su Huai went home first with Su Caicai in his arms.

It was dark when Su Qingbai returned.

After dinner, he was going to sleep directly but Su Huai came to him and said with a smile, "Little uncle, take me to town tomorrow."

Su Qingbai looked at him warily. "For what are you going with me?"

Su Huai sat on the edge of the heated brick bed. "I'll help you. You can also relax." Seeing Su Qingbai still had no intention of relaxing, he said frankly, "Fine! I think it's too annoying to stay at home. I want to go out and relax."

Without thinking about it, Su Qingbai refused, "No way! If you want to relax, just go by yourself. Why do you have to follow me?" No kidding. If he bumped into Jiang Si, what's to do?

The next moment, however, Su Huai pleaded, but Su Qingbai refused to let him go with him together.

At the end, when Su Qingbai refused to agree at all, Su Huai turned his eyes around and pretended to be disappointed. "Forget it, I'll go by myself then." After that, he left.

Watching Su Huai's back leaving, Su Qingbai breathed a sigh of relief.

Somehow, however, his eyelids jumped suddenly.

...

The next day, Su Qingbai went to town as usual.

Su Qingbai just got up, and in the dark of the night, a man followed him.

Yes, this person was Su Huai.

Touching his chin, Su Huai followed. Little Uncle refused to let him go with him yesterday, no matter how he pleaded.

Selling vegetables was not a shameful thing, why would he avoid people?

He felt that something must be wrong.

Did Little Uncle gamble again?

When Su Qingbai arrived at the county, Jiang Si had been waiting.

They arranged the vegetables together tacitly, and then they hawked together, one to greet the customers, one to collect the money. In a short time, they were busy.

The money was divided.

Su Qingbai hesitated and asked what had been hidden in his heart for a long time. "Jiang Si, aren't you from the border town?"

Jiang Mao paused and nodded.

Sure enough, Su Qingbai asked, "Are you here for business?"

Jiang Mao looked at him and said, "Yes."

"You come with me to sell vegetables every day. What will you do about your business?"

Jiang Mao smiled and said, "You can rest assured that my business won't be delayed." After thinking about it, he said, "I stayed here to find someone."

Su Qingbai was even more surprised: "You are looking for someone? How can you find a person, while selling vegetables with me every day?"

Jiang Mao's heart dimmed when he heard this. He thought that from the capital city to here, the unidentified people had chased him all the way. Those people always knew his whereabouts very accurately and chased him all the way, until he arrived here. After he separated from Lin Feng, the pursuit of those people stopped.

Was this a coincidence?

Jiang Mao was afraid to think about it. After all, Lin Feng had been with him for seven years.

But there's no other way to explain why the assassins always knew his whereabouts accurately.

Let's wait and see.

"Jiang Si, Jiang Si?" Su Qingbai watched Jiang Mao stare at him, his eyes constantly changing. He thought that Jiang Si had a hard word to say, so he said, "If it's not convenient for you to say, I won't ask."

Jiang Mao laughed when he heard this. "No inconvenience. I'm not in a hurry to find him." With that, he reached out and wiped Su Qingbai's sweat on his forehead and invited him, "How about going to my house for lunch today?"

Considering the strange atmosphere at home since Er-sao became pregnant, he nodded, "Alright."

Jiang Mao took his hand and asked, "What would you like for lunch today? I'll do it for you."

Su Qingbai thought about it with his head tilted, then ordered without hesitation.

Needless to say, this Jiang Si guy's craftsmanship was very good. The food he cooked was almost the same as the food in the new restaurant opened not long ago in the capital. Su Qingbai had been there once and it was very expensive.

Jiang Mao smiled. Of course, it tasted the same. He owned that restaurant.

They were delighted to discuss what to eat at noon, and not in the least knew that not far away was Su Huai, who was stricken dumb with amazement.

Su Huai's eyes rested on the two men holding hands. He never expected that little uncle would not let him follow him no matter what, for the sake of meeting his sweetheart.

Su Huai was shocked and did not respond until they left.

The uncle who sold wonton laughed and said to the stunned Su Huai, "Those two guys are a couple."

Su Huai looked at him with his mouth wide opened.

Watching Su Huai opened his mouth in surprise, Uncle Wonton smiled again. "How strange is it? The two guys are a couple. Every morning, I tell you, the tall one comes here first, buy breakfast and wait for the short one. After the short one finished eating, they sell vegetables together. It's been a while."

He looked at Su Huai and stressed, "Although they are all men, their feelings are much better than some couples. Every day they sell vegetables together, the husbands get along with each other, lovingly, embracing, and cuddling. The bored me want a wife."