Detention & Friendship

It was just another day, as it should have been

What would be new for a guy no one ever noticed and never will? That would just be his clothes. However, not even that was possible in Jeongguk's situation. It would always be his black oversized hoodies and baggy pants. Something monotonous as his life.

He never really imagined himself getting involved with fashion.

He did not care for a matter of fact. He has been all by himself. After a drunkard father and an over working mother, left at the devil's mercy alone at his hometown, he has been all by himself ever since.

Jeongguk dragged himself to get a scholarship of the infamous Jageun Byeol University. His mother wanted good for him and so she pushed him through.

The scholarship was getting him off pretty well. The university was already doing so much on his tuitions, extra curricular activities and on top of that Jeongguk was provided of a flat.

He got himself a great deal.

The only trouble was his home, which he was not even sure he should be calling it, that. His mother was abused on a daily basis by his father. The man was supposed to protect her of any mischance that was about come. Nonetheless he became the mischance all along.

Jeongguk always questions himself, why should something out of his hand change him to this point. His father could have moved on but he hasn't. He cannot wholly blame his father neither can he side him considering his misdeeds.

The poor mother happened to weary herself out for no reason, for the money came in and flew by sooner in the expenses of unwanted intoxications. Bloodshot eyes, red wounds and purple bruises — the only tribute ever made to her hardwork. The debtors, having a little knowledge of the situation, were thankfully a bit generous to give her extension of an year to pay the due.

"T-That's good to hear, I guess." Jeongguk spoke through the telephone, that was placed near his ears. He smiled a little hearing his mother had managed to pay a quarter of the loan.

"And did he—?" Jeongguk trailed off. He had never been direct while talking of his father. He knew  even if that man treated his wife like trash, that wife, his mother loved him. Or at least, loved the dregs of the good memories.

Although, the boy was sure his father loved her equally. Guilt, those were the strings attached to his body, compelling him to act like a brash jerk.

Jeongguk knew better than to be disgraceful to his mother whilst speaking ill of her first love. "Are you sure he did not do anything?" He heard his mother sobbing quietly away from the speaker, choosing not to nudge the topic further.

It hurt him.

"I believe you if you say so. But tell me, if it's anything major—" Jeongguk was cut off by his mother begging him to focus solely on his studies. "I know- mom, but- I will study! Let me help for once. Please, I can manage a job and uni—"