Unveiled & Truth

tw// sensitive topics like suicidal instincts

Jeongguk froze hearing the two syllables. Mother?

Taehyung had already walked out of the household getting a taxi right away. Why did his parents have an apologetic look on their faces?

There's no way . . . right?

"How can you not tell me?" Jeongguk bursted as they all were seated in the drawing room. "Zia . . . Dr Kim is really his mother?" Their loosely hung faces answered his newfound query.

"You've got to be kidding me!" He defensively threw his hands in the air.

Now that he looks back, Taehyung did respond in a weird way when he had hummed him Zia's lullaby. No way, he might have recognised the tune.

That's why, "He told me to sing only for him!" Jeongguk whispers to himself.

God, how stupid he was!

Zia and he even shared the same smile. The boxy smile that he thought was so unique back then and even now.

Thinking back, he was so insensitive and inconsiderate. Jeongguk should have known, the moment his boyfriend acted up on seeing the picture. He was definitely not ready for what was to come. Taehyung felt uneasy.

Jeongguk made Taehyung feel uneasy.

"I-" the younger was suddenly fidgety, his feelings was all over the place. "Hyung! I have to call, hyung." His boyfriend had left and it's only occuring to him now.

' I know all that was not your fault but- I want to say that but I really don't know how to feel. '

Those words rung in his head. He can't be blaming Jeongguk for what happened, right? He can never. Right? It, It was not his fault to begin with. Yes, it was not his fault. He best believe that.

"Why won't you answer, Taehyungie?" Jeongguk was panicking. "Please pick up." He won't blame him, right? "Pick up, hyung!" He should not. "Please, don't do this." He can't afford to lose him too. Not right now, no.

"Mom, he's not picking up." The look on his face broke Mrs Jeon. "I just want to know if he's okay. I hope he's safe." He paces about in the tensed room.

"Sweetheart," Mrs Jeon tried to reach for his face but he was not having any of it. She has not seen him like this since middle school. That time when he just stopped talking about how his days went. He would lock himself up; cry in his room all night.

When she did visit the school on parent-teacher meet, she got to know of his friend that left him with some very mean rumours. Like any other mother, she too, did not want him to go through that again. "Jeongguk! Sweetie . . . let him be. Right now, space is what he needs."

"Give him some time and he'll come around." Mrs Jeon soothes his son. "Death of someone dear is not something pleasant to hear. You didn't even talk during the time, remember? And this is his own mother we're talking about — just let him pick himself up together, okay Sweetheart?"