Olives & Strip Clubs

"Jeongguk-ah, why are we still here? Care to explain?"

Jimin groaned and plopped on the polished ground. Stretching out his legs in a v-shape, he laid flat on his back. A deep sigh was emitted as soon as he did. Squeaks of sneakers vexed him pulling him out of his resting state the moment he had begun to close his eyes.

"Jeongguk!"

"I hear you Jimin hyung", the younger replied and jumped a little, angling his hands up in the air. He threw the ball aligned to the hoop and in it went. Satisfied with the outcome Jeongguk first smiled at the basket and then made his way across the court, acknowledging the whines coming from his best friend as well.

"Yes?"

"Don't 'yes' me, idiot. It's time to go home. Aren't you tired?" Jimin sighed tepidly, returning back to his relaxing form.

Previously they had physical education class. Together because the teacher had somehow ended up merging the sophomores and the freshmen for not only one class, but an year or so. It has been like this for quite some time before Jeongguk had even enrolled into the college.

"Well, you are. But I did not even play." He grunted dunking the ball right in.

Nothing like the P.E. teacher held a grudge against Jeongguk. Or, he was a bad player as such. But because the younger was an excellent player. Perfect height and the required skills. It was just that a certain Taehyung guy crushed his confidence.

Everytime, Jeongguk made up his mind that he will participate in the P.E. classes and play every sport diligently. All the same, on seeing a mint-haired emerge from the bench, his butt seemed to glue to the spot he sat on. He was just too nervous to get his attention though he craved it dearly.

"Exactly my question, why didn't you?" Jeongguk maintained the heavy silence in the air. Honestly, he had a feeling, he would mess up. And everyone knew it wasn't good for any player to disturb the game of University's star player. That meant not only receiving death cold glares from Taehyung but also, the burning ones from his fan base. Jeongguk being the unwanted olives in pizza, the hate wouldn't be healthy for his lonely life.

"Jeongguk, this glow up should not be just for Taehyung. You have to come up front. Face everyone, okay? Just show what you have, yeah?"

"I'll try", he mumbled.

"Okay, enough of these stupid lectures. Defend the ball now.  Double dribbles, waived." Jimin jumped on his feet, opening his arms to block Jeongguk's path. That sudden competitive change in atmosphere definitely lifted the younger's mood. He dribbled the ball approaching Jimin doing a couple of crossovers as he neared him.

"As you can see our— er Jeon, what's your position?"

"Shooting guard, for fuck's sake." Jeongguk sighed but grinned anyways.