Breakdown & Realisation

Here on the focus is on Taehyung. Let's have an unbiased overview on him!

— ✦ —

Silence was all that was manifested

Silence was all that was manifested. Taehyung whipped his head around, save for the lurking eyes, had the surrounding always been this dull? It was like he had no friends, no one other than Yoongi.

Were they even friends? Jeongguk and him. Guess he would never know now.

He took a seat on the last bench feeling out of it and it was only the first seating of the day. "So we don't have Jeon Jeongguk today?" Miss Blues, the EVS teacher looked around, enquiring the attendance and that seemed to catch the mint haired's attention.

The younger was not in class because of him.

"Nevermind, he's a smart one." The teacher turned to face the students, "Oh. Fancy seeing you in my class Kim Taehyung. Glad you thought my lectures were important enough not to be ditched for once in your life." The class erupted into a good fit of laughter while some of Taehyung's pets snickered, almost hideous.

"Fancy seeing you too," he murmured and scribbled something on his notebook, which was surprisingly on the desk to take notes not doodling. "You should start before I decide to leave Miss Blues." He scoffed, not having any of the mockery.

What were the giggles for when his favourite was missing?

Out of his countless bad habits, sticking around with that one pure soul was the best of them all. Cracking a smile when the other smiled, staring longingly into the sparkly pair of eyes and losing himself to the melody of the sweet voice — that was the serenity this particular bad habit had brought to him. It compelled him to deal with his loneliness in the righteous way.

Rest of the day was spent in haze. There were not any moment he enjoyed specifically nor did he acknowledge. It did not certify as important considering the past days he had lived. He lived those days and currently it all seemed like a skit. He was meant to play the main role despite his reluctance.

His so called fiancée tagged along some time around, going on and on about some dates and shit. Did it matter? Not one bit. Her presence was barely known to him.

"Captain, you're late again!"

Good, after all the drag of day now he could even hear Jeongguk's voice as he stepped on the open court. He carelessly threw his duffle bag on the bleachers, not that he cared for any of it. Securing his mint hair in a bandana, he jogged a little knowing full well he had missed today's practice.

What good would it do when the person he worked perfectly with was absent? "So you're gonna ignore me now?" He shakes his head vigorously, continuing his run. What the fuck is it with the voices inside his head? Why were they so bent on impersonating Jeongguk's voice all of sudden? After all that had happened? All that he had done . . .