Chapter 2

"Wanda?" Steve called from my door. I felt his presence a few moments ago when he was walking down the corridor.

"Yes, Steve?" I asked, turning to look at him standing in the doorway. I was happily back in my room, surrounded by the ornament I had collected over the years. I wasn't overly good at guitar, but it reminded me of when me and Pietro used to busk in Sokovia to pay for some decent food, the only problem being that everyone was just as broke as us.

I could feel Steve's anxiety radiating off of him and I frowned at his unsettled nature. "I err...I need to ask you something." He twiddled his thumbs together and looked down at the floor.

"What is it?" I asked, standing up to meet up as my worry increased. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, a tense pulse coming from him. What did he want? He shut the door and leant against the wall, hands in his pockets and head aimed at the floor.

"I was wondering...if you would umm...help Bucky?" He asked, tentatively, his head staying down as his eyes met mine, looking like a child who was expecting to be told off. I knew immediately what he meant by the word 'help'. If he wanted someone to talk Bucky through his issues, he would've gone to Sam. He need Scarlet Witch to look into his mind.

"When do you want me to start?" He raised his eyebrows in surprise, pushing himself lightly off of the wall and looking at me confused at my quick agreement.

"Just like that?" He asked. I could tell he was surprised from his expression, but the relief I could feel was skin deep, only recognisable by someone like me. When I don't use my powers to look into anyone's mind for a while, I pick up people's emotions automatically. Helping Barnes recover would actually help me in a way as I wouldn't feel what everyone else felt. Exercising helped sometimes, but it wasn't the best way to get rid of the automatic mind reading.

"Why? Should I be more resistant?"

Steve grimaced in a way that made me think he expected me to decline the offer. "I think Bucky is more tortured than we realise." he replied, voice slightly hoarse, emotion effecting his speech.

"It's dangerous." I said, stating it rather than questioning it. He nodded and sighed, his grimace falling ever so slightly. I felt sorry for Steve, because his best friend wasn't his best friend anymore. Hell, his whole life wasn't the same as it used to be. I occasionally peered into all their minds to see what they were thinking, the need to overwhelming. If I didn't allow myself to, then I felt like I would explode from the aching feeling.

I had seen Steve recently take a shining to Agent Sharon Carter, a woman who I had seen more frequently around the tower after the 'Civil War', as the papers called it, finished. Every time she walked into a room, I could feel the beating of his heart increase. He felt something deeply for her, but I don't think she saw just how deep he felt.

"If it helps Barnes..." I began, solidifying my option in my head. "Then I'll do it." I wanted Steve to feel as happy as he could and getting Bucky back would be one of the only ways to do that. I would do it only for helping Steve and to ease the pain my powers gave.

"Thank you." He said, his voice going weaker at the end, and walked out, leaving me to go over my thoughts. This was a lot of pressure and responsibility. What if Barnes was too far gone and I couldn't fix him? I didn't want to disappoint Steve and I was worried I would. What if the soldier had gone through too many battles, so many that he could never return?

I sighed and ran my hand carelessly through my untamed hair. I have to try...I thought to myself and slumped in my chair, thinking about how to go about fixing the soldier.

Bucky POV

I sat in the chair in the bedroom I had been given, scrolling through the internet at things I missed. The bright screen was turned down to a lower level of brightness, something that Steve had taught me after a came here. Music was one of the biggest things that I found odd. I hadn't listened to music when I was at HYDRA. What was the point of it? I had researched some of the music, but I couldn't listen to it, ending up listening to music from the 40s.