Chapter 30

Wanda's POV

"You'll have to come back for a safari," T'Challa told us as we boarded the jet.

"Definitely. I feel like there is so much more to see. Until next time," I replied, shaking his hand. He clasped it and held firmly.

"You really are the most powerful, you know." He nodded his head. "One day, you will see just how much..." I smiled at his sentiment. Even though I definitely wasn't the most powerful on the team, it was sweet that he thought so.

As we stood at the entrance to the jet, waving goodbye, I saw the heart of Wakanda - T'Challa. He was a calm voice of the people. He represented what every person should strive to be - kind. He spent time with the people that mattered and put family first. He was, and always will remain, a King. Shuri and Okoye stood on either side, as they always would.

As soon as the doors shut, my phone vibrated and rang from my pocket. "We're not even back yet" Bucky groaned as he jogged to the control centre.

I smirked as I answered the phone. "Hey, how's it going? We've literally just got on the quintet." I quickly set down my bag and joined Bucky at the the controls.

"Good to hear! And yeah, I'm alright, just moping round the tower awaiting your return!" he answered with a dramatic tone.

I fell into the passenger seat as Bucky switched everything on. "I'm sure that's not quite true," I argued, chucking my feet on the dash.

"Not quite, I've been training up these new recruits. Think I've found myself the next Hawkeye."

"Oh yeah? Which one?"

"Kate Bishop?"

"No idea who that is but now you have someone to take over when you retire. You're coming up to 68, right?" I heard Bucky huff a laugh as we lifted off the ground.

"Rude." I could feel Clint's scowl through the phone. I smiled. "So you texted me about Nat...she's angry?"

My smirk faded to a pout. "I'm not sure," I answered honestly. Over the years, she had opened up more and more. I would probably consider her one of my closest girlfriends. The phone call felt a bit like a return to square one.

"Any reason why?" Clint asked as Bucky flew us out of Wakanda.

"No idea, I'll just have to talk to her when I see her." I wasn't completely lying. I guessed that it was about Bucky and I, but I couldn't be certain. She's had to restrain her relationship with Clint, so I imagined that's what she expected everyone else to do.

"Won't have to wait for long," he chimed as we broke through the Wakandan barrier. We soared up into the sky as Bucky cloaked the ship, invisible to everyone and everything.

"Nope, should only take a few hours hopefully," I answered, glancing over to Bucky who was staring out ahead. He had such a beautiful side profile in this light. I wanted to kiss that little bit on his neck, just below his jaw. I bit my lip just thinking about it. I wanted to lick th-

"Oh shi-I've gotta go. I've just, ah shit! I've burnt breakfast for everyone." I heard a 'fucksake' from Stark in the background. "See you later, love" he said quickly and hung up the phone. I stared at the screen and rolled my eyes.

"Everything alright?" Bucky asked from beside me. I turned my head and watched his inquisitive eyes. Why did he look so mysterious all the time? I thought he would be a good model. The cheekbones sold it. But that would never happen. He wouldn't like the cameras on him.

"Uh, yeah. Clint's burnt breakfast for the team, must be doing a fry up or something." Bucky grimaced before looking back out at the view. We were floating above a few clouds, which looked like pieces of candy floss. I suddenly got the strong craving for sugar and went to push myself to grab something from the kitchen as Bucky spoke.