Chapter 26

Wanda POV

When the lift doors opened, I immediately regretted my choice to where a thin, yellow dress. It was pouring down with rain. How had it gone from bright and sunny to stormy and gloomy in the space of an hour? Nevertheless, I hurried over to the back entrance of the Helicarrier and ran up the sloped door with my suitcase trailing behind me. Mistake.

I heard my shoes squeak against the metal as I slipped. Squealing, I put out my red energy shield to protect me, landing with a thwump against it. It didn't hurt that much, but it wasn't exactly what i wanted with a hangover.

"Wanda, you hurt?" I heard Nat shout as she hurried over to me. Cute.

I nodded my head as I pushed myself to stand up. "Only my pride," I answered, brushing my dress. I went to pick my suitcase back up, but Nat got it for me. We smiled at each other and made our way up the ramp.

"We really need to work on your balance, Maximoff," he jested, spinning around in the pilot's seat to face me. My cheeks flushed at the fact that he saw me fall on my face. So embarrassing. His eyes looked down at my dress and then back up to my face. He grinned and turned back around, flipping a few switches on the control panel.

"Ignore that asshole. Come on, I'll show you where to put your bags." Natasha guided me through the corridor to my bedroom. The helicarrier we were flying on was small, only built for carrying a team of four maximum, which meant it had a very simple layout.

"It'll take at least half a day so you'll probably need some sleep, especially with that hangover," Natasha said as I dumped my suitcase on the floor. At the mention of my hangover, I felt the tiredness grow. I put my fingers against the dress and sighed at the wet, cold feeling. Looking in the mirror, I noticed you could see my bra through the material.

"For fucks sake," I groaned, unbuttoning the dress and pulling it over my head. I stared at Natasha as she laughed at me.

"Attention all passengers, we will now be departing. Please come back to the cockpit and fasten your seatbelts, because I'm bored. Thank you."

I rolled my eyes at James' announcement, quickly pulling up my joggers. I grabbed a tanktop from the pile of close in my suitcase.

"Are you coming with us?" I asked Nat as she lounged on my bed, waiting for me to get dressed. I thought it was just going to be me and James.

"I'm getting dropped off in England. Bad girl to stop," she answered. I smacked them shut, stopping my sigh of relief. "You worried I'm going to ruin your romantic weekend away?" she asked, smirking at me.

I pushed her playfully. The plane started to pull away from the ground. "Shut up, Nat."

"What? It was just a question," she said innocently. We walked out the door as I pulled my hair from where it was tied. She grabbed my arm as I was about to put my hair up again. Her expression went stern, which was neer a good sign. "Seriously, what are you going to do about you and him?"

I groaned, knowing that Clint would just tell her anyway. "I'm leaving it. Our relationship is...different than most. We work together and I'm fixing his brain." The more I thought about it, the more I was convinced it was a bad idea.

Natasha nodded. "You're letting things run their course." I was glad she understood and wasn't pushing anything.

"Exactly," I replied, continuing down the corridor. I scraped my hair up with my hands and styled my hair into a messy bun. I felt like I needed a nap, but wanted to wait until later so that my sleep pattern wasn't messed up.

We rejoined James in the cockpit. Natasha sat on my lap as the three of us chatted.

"What do you mean 'what happens when I die'?" Nat asked. We somehow got onto talking about death, not an uncommon topic when around Natasha.