Chapter 29

Wanda POV

I felt a bit sick when I woke up that morning, in the pit of my stomach. I wasn't coping with the heat very well. I saw the glass of water next to the bed and quickly gulped it down. I sighed - still cold. Bucky's bedroom was small, but big enough for the basics - sleep and a peace of mind. I could feel the appeal of the hut, but maybe not as a permanent home.

We went straight to sleep last night. I decided to adopt the mentality of 'roll with it' in order to combat my nerves. There were no expectations, no pressures, no judgement, just Bucky and I. That kept me peaceful for the moment. We slept in the same bed, but ended up keeping to our separate sides. I was so tired, I barely remembered falling asleep in the first place. My head hit the pillow and that was it.

I sat up and realised how sweaty the skin was under my boobs. I grimaced, wiping my skin with the shirt I was wearing. I didn't like how sticky I felt - a shower was definitely needed. I slid out of the bed and padded to the kitchen dressed in an oversized shirt of Bucky's and my underwear. The shirt tickled my mid-thighs. There was skylight in the kitchen, which looked a little out of place considering the petite building was made of mud. I wanted to see where Bucky was before I showered and got into the clothes from yesterday. "Oh god..." I groaned, realising the clothes from last night were rather revealing. Daytime walk through Wakanda in an outfit worthy of clubbing in - not great.

I padded my way into the living room. "Bucky?" Nothing was moved from yesterday, except his shirt that lay over a kitchen chair.

I heard a noise outside and walked up to the open front door with a smile. Leaning against the door frame, I watched him pick up the axe and slam it down between a piece of wood. I could've sworn it split perfectly in two. I felt comfortable, leaning against the door to watch him shirtless. I rolled my eyes. Perve.

It was a sexual desire, but I liked admiring his strength and determination. The way the sweat dripped down his neck. I didn't even know sweat could be sexy until now. He lifted the axe again as I quietly sighed. He immediately stopped and I cringed, knowing that he would've heard my breath. He turned to me. God, I could've melted into a puddle right there. I felt a twitch from the bottom of my stomach and bit my lip. I just wanted to just run full speed towards him, tackle him somewhat gracefully and have my way with him. It was incredibly...frustrating. I wanted to punch his beautiful face. I wanted to feel his skin and touch that sweat.

"I...uh...I'm gonna start breakfast." Apparently, that was the only thing my scrambled brain could think of. Bucky was so much more than his physical appearance. His personality was the main attraction. The muscles, that strength was just another thing to admire in my eyes.

He smiled in a very endearing fashion, nodded, and then turned back to continue chopping. He rotated his metal arm a little and curled his fingers round the axe again. I was about to head back inside when the glisten of the arm caught my eye. The sun wasn't helping the fact that the connection point looked red raw. Taking another swing at the wood, I was drawn to him. I somehow carried myself over to him without realising, my fingertips finding themselves against his metal arm.

I felt my heart clench at the way he held his breath. I traced my hand down his arm, the metal warm from the heat.

"Does it hurt?" I could see his eyes swriling with...something. His intense gaze was too much, so I looked back to the arm. From that one look, I could see his emotions brewing. I wanted to discipher that look so badly.

"Used to a lot," he explained, looking down at it. "It aches, but not like the sharp pains I used to get."

It felt like I was being pulled by a magnet. I don't know what made me do it, but my head was moving before my brain could stop it. I placed a delicate kiss on his shoulder. My lips enjoyed the warmth, sensitive to the heat. My throat tightened as my stomach clenched. "Much better," I whispered and leant my forehead against him, closing my eyes for a moment. I wished to stay in that moment. I winced, feeling my heart skip.