Chapter 6

Bucky POV

Steve and I ended up waiting in the training room at 9am for Wanda to come in. Steve was there just incase anything went wrong. Even though I had given him a glare, wanting time to train Wanda by myself, I didn't trust myself either.

"And you are sure you want to do this?" Steve asked me for the fourth time in the past ten minutes. I looked at him with a deadpan expression and he put his hands up as if he were proclaiming his innocence. "Just checking."

"HYDRA ain't in me no more, pal." The friendly term seemed to roll straight off my tongue without realising it and I noticed my accent strongly sounded like a Brooklyn one. He smiled slightly and I tried to not feel bad about how I wasn't that old version of Bucky, failing miserably and feeling very bad about it indeed.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just care about Wanda," he said and I frowned at him. He immediately added "I obviously care about you too, but I think that you'll be able to do more damage than she will."

"That's not why I'm frowning..." I said, looking at Steve suspiciously. He opened his mouth to ask me why, but Wanda walked into the room. I was frowning because I didn't realise he cared about her. Did he care about her as more than a friend? I didn't know what to think of that if he did. I wanted him to be happy, but for some reason part of me wanted to protect Wanda and I didn't know why.

Wanda POV

"Who trained you before me?" was the first question he asked as I came to a stop in front of the pair. Not even a hello. At least Steve had given me a small smile.

"Agent Sanders, but we primarily focused on my powers and how to stop people with that rather than physical training," I explained to him, trying not to feel intimidated by his large demeanour. When it came to action, he definitely changed the way he was. I felt like he didn't see a difference, but I definitely did. His jaw was tighter, his muscles more prominent and his eyes more focused, if that were possible.

"Don't use your powers when sparing with me. Anything can happen that might require you to rely on strength rather than that ability," he said before looking me up and down once more. He definitely felt like a leader to me, but I knew he would never actually lead. He was part of the team, not it's captain. "Can you throw a punch?" he asked and I scoffed, feeling bold and immediately going for a hit to the face. I knew his hand would catch me in time and I wasn't scared of him...perhaps his super fast reflexes scared me a little, but I wasn't really scared of him as a whole person. "Good," he replied and looked like he was analysing my body. I felt slightly uncomfortable as he looked at me, but it wasn't like he was a pervert. It felt like a medical assessment of my body. He was a very intense character, but I didn't mind.

"Have you sparred with anyone?" he questioned and I shrugged.

"Natasha a few times." Natasha was definitely a worthy opponent. Her thigh hold was definitely as bad as the rumours said, not that anyone who had experienced the full brunt of it had actually survived. She was one of the most talented women I had every met, if not the most talented. Clint and her were two crazy ex-assassins that I would never want to get on the bad side of.

"How many times have you won?" So many questions. We were pacing around each other like a predator stalking it's prey. Unsurprisingly, I felt like the prey. I was much smaller than him and he was more powerful, but I wasn't scared because I knew that I would be able to stop him with my powers.

I raised an eyebrow. "You're kidding right? It's Natasha we're talking about here." I saw the small smirk of amusement on his face before he briefly glanced at Steve who was standing behind me. That look of slightly amusement was taken over by a stern expression.