Chapter 20

Wanda POV

We had managed to find a number of newspapers to lay on the floor so that we didn't make a mess. Everything else we needed was found in the basement and currently in the trolley. We applied the PVA to the wall, mixed the plaster with the cold water and applied it to the wall.

It took a while to build up the layers, but we needed to make sure the wall would be secure. We had both changed into clothes we didn't mind getting damaged or stuff spilt on. James was wearing a black shirt and jeans - he said he didn't really have scrappy clothing. I wore a pair of blue dungarees that I loved to do arts and crafts in, not that I did it that often. Sometimes I would spend hours and hours working on a painting. I really enjoyed painting sights that I remember from Sokovia, but it was mostly landscape portraits.

I sighed when we realised we were finished and I wiped the back of my hand across my forehead, trying to get rid of the sweat that was there. I bent down to put the tool I was using on the newspaper covered floored when I heard James laughing to himself.

I stood up and put my hands on my hips, looking up at him. "What?" I asked with a frown, wondering what was so funny.

"You have paint on your forehead," he answered with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and rubbed it off with my fingers.

"We are definitely going to need showers after this," I murmured to him, watching as he pushed part of his loose hair behind his ear. I giggled when he did exactly the same thing as me.

"You have it in your hair now," I told him, walking over to pull the hair out from behind his ear to try and scratch it away. He took ahold of my wrist when I brought it up and shook his head.

"I'll shower later," he replied, letting go of my wrist to put the hair on each side of his face behind his ears. I noticed how it had grown rather long, not that I minded. To be honest, he looked rather sexy with long hair. It reminded me of a viking, which made him seem even more attractive somehow.

"I can cut your hair if it's annoying you," I suggested, bringing my hands back down to my sides. My eyes examined the beautiful brown locks he had. I liked that he hadn't conformed to the usual short hair style that most guys had.

"Do you know how to?" he asked with a skeptically look on his face. I almost rolled my eyes. Such little faith.

"I used to cut Pietro's hair all the time." I did...once or twice. In all honesty, it wasn't that bad. James and Pietro's hairstyles were practically the same. I only needed to do a trim for James anyway.

"Is something wrong with it?" he asked with a frown.

I leant my head to the side as I thought of the best way to put it. "It's looking a little..."

"Scruffy?" he supplied as an answer and I nodded, thankful he said it instead of me. I didn't want to insult him or make him feel self conscious.

"Maybe?" I replied, wondering whether there would be enough hair product in his room. What type of product did James Buchannon Barnes use? We would most likely need to do it in my bathroom rather than his.

"I want to keep it long, but...does it look okay?" he asked, looking to the ground as he spoke. Bless him, he was so cute.

"Do you mean does it look good?" I asked and he nodded. I had to stop myself from smirking. "I think you look very handsome with long hair."

His eyes shot up to look at me. "Really?" he asked quietly, sounding incredibly incredulous. I noticed the small red blush that tainted his cheeks. It made me smile when he blushed, because it showed his emotions.