Stranger Things [Billy X Reader]

Imagine moving to the tiny town of Hawkins, Indiana. It's your last year of high school and you just want to get the year over with after all you've dealt with in the past, but unfortunately Hawkins is not as sleepy as it seems. Nor does your past seem to be done with you.

Author's Note: Stranger Things modern!AU because I'm a weak ass bitch for a Billy who has shit together and is actually friends with those he once wronged. So for this imagine, let's just assume everything happened in their Junior year of high school so they at least have a chance at some normalcy senior year. Also Billy didn't get possessed, but he did find out everything going on which changed his perspective on everything.

Heads up, this is a crossover just because I felt like it. Oops.

. .

. .

Born and raised in Mystic Falls, you were absolutely in love with the little town where everyone knew everyone. The town events and local pageants were something you adored attending when you were a little girl, and you were ecstatic when you were finally old enough to help out around town and participate. But your carefree childhood didn't last long when one of your good friends lost her parents in a tragic accident. The whole town went into mourning when the Gilberts passed, and after that Mystic Falls was never the same.

Because vampires were real and it seemed like every adult over the age of eighteen in each of the Founding Families knew about it. Your family, however, would not have been in the know had Stefan Salvatore never infiltrated the high school. You had unknowingly befriended not one, but two vampires and your parents had started to become wary of your hometown when murder after murder took place. But not only vampires existed, oh no. Because another friend was a witch, two friends got turned into vampires, and a friend of a friend was a werewolf.

You couldn't count how many times your life had been threatened, but the last straw was when you and your parents had been taken as leverage. It seemed the Salvatores and the Gilberts always had something someone needed, and when your friends weren't exactly in the sharing mood then others around them paid the price- starting with the weakest link in the bunch. You and your parents had been taken, and they were forced to watch as your kidnappers took their anger out on you. It got so bad that when your friends finally came to the rescue, Stefan and Caroline had to feed you so much of their blood just so you'd survive. And then to keep your parents from being traumatized, Damon compelled them to forget what they had witnessed. After that, much to everyone's surprise, you asked him to compel them to want to move.

You had no destination in mind for the move, so you were surprised when your parents chose an up and coming town by the name of Hawkins. You had done your research on the town before actually moving, but a secret laboratory and experiments gone wrong was a heck of a lot better than a town run over with vampires, witches, and werewolves.

Hawkins, Indiana is the complete opposite of Mystic Falls, but you were willing to at least try and have somewhat of a normal life. And as somewhat of an apology, your vampire friends got your family a house on the wealthy side of Hawkins in a neighborhood called Loch Nora. It's a two story house, complete with a pool in the backyard, and you're surprised that you actually like the place. So you take the time to help your parents decorate accordingly and then spend the week before your senior year starts at Hawkins High by laying by the pool.

◈◈◈

As your dad pulls into the parking lot of Hawkins High, you do your best to ignore the already lingering stares.

"I have a feeling you're going to be mighty popular today," your dad muses.

You sigh. "And I have a feeling it'll only last for about a class period or two before my resting bitch face puts them off."