Stranger Things [Billy X Reader]

Imagine knowing that the lab that once experimented on you and your twin is shut down for good, and that there's a young girl with powers residing in the town. Deciding to check it out, you and your twin enroll yourselves into high school.

AN: Stranger Things AU. As much as I love the show, I don't like to write possessed!Billy. So let's just pretend it's some non-important individual that helped the Mindflayer get as big as it did. Also beware of some homophobic language.

 Also beware of some homophobic language

"Up and at 'em, little sister." The words are murmured near your ear and you groan as you shove your brother away with your shoulder. He chuckles. "Seriously, Y/N, get up. We have school today."

"Goddammit, Ash. I have an alarm for a reason," you grumble as you sit up. "And you're only a few minutes older. Shut up." Your brother tosses a crumpled shirt at you, hitting you in the face, and then quickly scurries out of your room before you can retaliate. You sigh, still sleepy, and end up yelping when your alarm finally goes off.

As Ash serves up a couple bowls of cereal, you take over the bathroom to get ready. You put on the minimal amount of makeup to cover up the dark circles under your eyes and then curl your hair in loose waves to frame your face. You pull on a sleeveless mesh shirt that fits like a second skin, the hem of it hidden underneath the waistband of your fitted jeans. A Metallica shirt that's been shredded into a small crop top hangs from your shoulders, exposing your midriff and you finish off the look with a pair of combat boots.

When you walk into the kitchen, your brother waggles his eyebrows. "Who are you trying to impress?"

You frown at him. "No one, idiot. I'm trying to look unapproachable."

"What you look like is fresh meat. You're gonna have all those grody little gremlins all over you."

"Should I change then?"

"Nah. I wanna see their hopes and dreams die when you don't even give them the time of day."

Snorting, you shake your head at him. "You're a terrible person. Now give me my cereal. I'm ready to get this day over with."

- X -

Hawkins, Indiana looks just about the same as the last time you were here. Maybe a little less green, but still the same. After a quick drive around town, the engine to the all black Pontiac Firebird your brother had scored for your use rumbles as he slowly drives into the student parking lot of Hawkins High. Immediately, heads turn in your direction.

Ash huffs a brief laugh. "This is gonna be fun."

"I'm already annoyed," you deadpan.

"As long as you don't burn down the school, be annoyed all you want. Also don't get expelled. We need to find the kid and make sure she's alright."