Harry Potter [George X Reader]

When you come from a family that has always been sorted into Slytherin, you knew things would not be good when you were sorted into Gryffindor. Fortunately for you, a certain pair of twins were always looking out for you when you meet up at school every year.

Author's Note: Requested by an anon from Wattpad. There will be mentions of abuse, so be warned. Also, just so you know, I am not a fan of this. I thought I had started off good, but by the end of it I felt like I didn't add enough fluff or clues between YN and her chosen twin so yeah. But I had written too much to just delete it. So I'm sorry, in advance, if this is as terrible as I think.

. .

. .

Being a Pureblood whose family- for generations, you might add- have always been sorted into Slytherin, you and everyone else were quite shocked when the hat shouted Gryffindor! The Slytherins looked at you as if you were a traitor, the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws didn't know what to think, and the Gryffindors applauded rather dumbly while staring at you as if you were going to hex them at any second. But you were merely a first year student whose thoughts were solely focused on your father's possible reaction the moment he found out about your sorting.

For months you walked on eggshells around your fellow lions, keeping your guard up because they still didn't know exactly how to act around an honorary Slytherin. It was the Weasley twins, however, who took the initiative to approach you one day while you were studying various potion ingredients and got to know you.

You only had a few fun-filled weeks with the twins before you were set to go home for Christmas break and then reality came crashing back down on your shoulders.

Your father, as expected, was not thrilled with you. You had written home that first week to let them know your placement and had not heard back from either mother or father, so you knew it was bad when your father had not even acknowledged you when he picked you up from the train station. And the moment you were behind closed doors, you endured lots of yelling and threats.

You thought that would be the worst of it, but you were proven wrong whenever one of your father's friends would bring up what a shame you turned out to be which then led to your father turning his wand on you. You lost track of how many stinging hexes he hit you with and how many times he tripped you so you'd crash to the floor.

For the first two years you endured lots of stinging hexes and verbal abuse from your father, but his aggression really made itself known in your third year when Harry Potter finally joined Hogwarts. No one other than the Gryffindors were a fan of the Potter boy, but your father really disliked him. Unfortunately for you, you wouldn't understand why until years down the line.

◈◈◈◈◈◈

Returning to school for your fourth year, you made sure to avoid anyone and everyone on the platform, and quickly made your way onto the train. You found an empty compartment, shutting the door behind you and pulling the small blind down to cover the window. Fortunately no one attempted to open the door and sit with you, and you had the compartment all to yourself for the first twenty minutes into the ride to Hogwarts.

When the door is thrown open, you flinch.

"There you are!"

"We've been looking around for you for ages."

Fred and George plop down on the seat across from you, and you grin while keeping your face angled towards the window. "Well you found me. Now go away."

One of them gasps. "Did you hear that, Gred? She wants us to go away."

"Oh no. No, no, no. That just won't do. Our darling little lioness needs her brave and daring lions to keep her safe."