Marvel [Peter Parker X Reader]

You and Peter have been best friends for as long as you can remember. The two of you always vowed that you'd never keep secrets from one another, but as you get older you have a secret you're not exactly sure how to tell your friend.

. .

. .

You and Peter have been best friends for as long as you can remember. According to the adults, you and him were attached at the hip whenever you were around one another. He was the sensitive child who tried his best to talk his way out of trouble and you were the wild child who got really protective the second you spotted a tear in his eyes.

Not even the cooties phase could tear the two of you apart and while puberty gave the two of you some pause, you and Peter stuck it out. He was there for you when your mom walked out and you were there for him when his uncle Ben had passed away.

Life was crazy all on it's own, but then Peter had to go and get bit by a radioactive spider.

His crime fighting alter ego kept you up most nights, your worry for your best friend leaving you unable to sleep. There was no doubt in your mind that this was a secret you were taking to the grave, so you learned to play dumb and keep your cool whenever tales of that spider dude's feats were circulating around the school. And though you were scared for Peter, you were also very proud of him for doing his best to keep people safe.

For a while everything was good.

But then your dad starts having issues at work, so he takes to the bottle. When it's just beer, it's fine. Mostly. He yells a lot and blames you for your mother walking out, but the hurt is manageable. It's when he drinks the hard liquor that terrifies you because he's violent then and he uses you as his personal punching bag. And while you know you should tell someone, especially your best friend, you can't bring yourself to do so.

So for a whole year you endure it and start making excuses for the bruises that pop up here and there.

◈◈◈◈◈◈

Staring up at Stark Tower, you tug on the ends of your sleeves so they're settled over the palms of your hands. "Are you sure this is fine, Petey? I don't want to intrude."

"Of course it is! Everyone's been dying to meet you ever since Sam stole my phone and thought you were my girlfriend."

You snort. "You still haven't changed the heart eyes emoji next to my name?"

"No." He shrugs, chuckling. "I like it. Shut up."

"Aw." You coo at your best friend, slinging an arm around his neck and practically hanging off of him. "I knew you were secretly in love with me, Parker. It's okay to admit it. I won't make fun of you."

"You're making fun of me right now," he deadpans. "Now hurry up. I'm hungry."

Laughing, you release him and let him lead the way. Yes Peter is your best friend, but you'd be stupid to not realize how handsome he is. The only problem was that he is, in fact, your best friend and since you never seriously pursued him his attention always wandered elsewhere.

In the elevator, Peter prepares you for who you're about to meet. Unfortunately, Wanda and Vision are off on a vacation. Clint is with his family and, since the destruction of Asgard, the Avengers hardly see Thor and his friends unless there is a mighty threat to Earth. You had heard all about the communal floors of Stark Tower and how domestic everyone was when not in the limelight, so the chill atmosphere does not faze you one bit when you step off the elevator.